Question about chinese food

Fabe

Registered
Hi ,
Can anyone tell me what the name of this dish is ? I forgot what the name was from when I would order it in the states.
Its verry thin noodles ( lake angel hair pasta) There is a version that has veggies , a pork , beef and shrimp version also .
Fung something ? What predominates are the noodles

but this is like angel hair pasta , white , arnt lomein noodles wheat and thicker ?
This is like a nest of very thin white noodles with peas , corn , sprouts , and your chouce of beef , pork or shrimp

Correct !!! . Rice noodles , Im halfway ther , thanks . What is it called on the menu ?

In argentina, Lo Mein is called either Chau Mean or Chaw Mien. In English, the really thin noodles (thin like angel hair pasta) are known as either rice vermicelli or rice noodles or rice sticks. Lo Mein is made with wheat noodles, rather like thin spaghetti. Lo Mein (Chau Mean/Chaw Mien) is to be had in the majority of Chinese restaurants in BA. I have yet to see any rice vermicelli dishes on Chinese menus, but that doesn't necessarily mean said dishes aren't available here.

ok , I think I got it .
I googled images for chinese pasta dishes. It came up with vegetable chow mein.
I think that the name variations in menus has to do with they type of chinese ragional cuisine , canton , szechuan , etc.
I think I remember ordering it as chow fun.
its basically real simple. angel hair pasta , juliened carrots , soy sauce , capiscum ( prolly a chilli pepper will do ) and ginger. dunno about the ginger availability here . And peas.
There is only one chinese place here in San Vicente. They open at like 7 pm , and no , no delivery .
Thanks for the help ! Im sure they are rice noodles , but angel hair pasta is a decent substitute

Look for Chao mi-fen (fideos de arroz). Casita China, on the corner of Sante Fe & Arévalo by the Carranza subte station, serves 6 different versions. Haven't eaten there though, just have their menu.

Back