Question about Monotributo

The operations made by MercadoPago. MercadoLibre are all under the review by the AFIP. Many people for selling via online platforms received the letter from the AFIP informing them that they were recategorized as "responsable inscripto" when they were previously monotributistas.
Respect

I find “obras sociales” that come with Monotributo very basic, but better than having nothing

Hello, everyone! I am new. I moved to Buenos Aires about nine months ago, I'm a freelancer, so most of my clients are abroad. While I wait for my DNI to (finally) arrive, I have been thinking of ways I can get health insurance. Apparently, the monotributo is one of them. I am unfamiliar with the process or how high the tax is. Most of my clients pay me via PayPal, so I don't know how to declare that either. I was wondering if anyone here was a monotributista and if they had any recommendations for new residents in BA. Thank you!
Hi! you can just pay for private medicine without being enrolled with Monotributo. Monotributo allows you to issue local invoices (reported to the ARG Federal Tax Authority) by paying a fixed amount to the government every month (approx. AR$ 5,000 monthly). With monotributo, you can issue local invoices up to the amount of AR$ 1,700,000 per year, however, if you exceed that amount, the Tax Authority will be watching you and will force you to change your Tax Status to a higher level known as "IVA RESPONSABLE INSCRIPTO". It is true that if you are enrolled with Monotributo, you get a discount when paying the private medicine, since part of the money that you pay for Monotributo can be transferred by the Tax Authority directly to your healthcare provider. Normally the discount is 15%. In summary, if you don´t really need to justify your source of income, I suggest that you don´t enroll with Monotributo and pay your health coverage privately. Take care!

Back