Racism In Ba?!??

Now on TV its FAR worse all women are blondes Real or not?

tumblr_n1bjhoEHdX1selnlmo1_500.jpg

If there were no women in Macri's cabinet then could I assume you'd be ok with that?

Yes. You can safely assume that I don't care what sexual organs a politician comes equipped with.

As for the rest of your statement, I've addressed the same thing multiple times and it's very clear what my stance is.

I'm glad there are things we can agree on. Other than that I'm not too interested in going in circles about this.

"However, I personally don't give a flying rat's hind parts about things like "micro aggression" (whatever the heck that means) if someone wants to know where I'm from and then proceeds to ask where I'm really from (happens in Argentina too) or sit at home wondering and worrying about what someone said or whether there are enough people of my skin color in a given political party/tv show/movie/grocery store."

"I think if you want to have a good time here then you have to stop reading the blogs and experience this country for what it really is. Rather than worry about the racist ( :D ) viewpoint that others have about Argentines, try to understand that this country is not politically correct, or at least not as much as the US/Europe etc, (and I thank God every day for it!) People here don't care about having discussions about what words they should or shouldn't use. For example, people who are slightly darker than those around them, they are sometimes called "negra/negro" by their friends and the weirdest part is, no one has multiple heart attacks over it and dies! Not even the darker skinned person."
I love this post. In my perfect world we stop even thinking about race and just live our lives. I won't live to see it (maybe nobody will) but we can all dream about how wonderful it would be if we only noticed a person's character and ignored the outer casing.

Some have alluded to this: my understanding has always been that when an Argentine uses "negro/a" in reference to another person it's a shortened form of "cabeza negra/o," meaning "indigenous person," and has nothing to do with African descent. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

I love this post. In my perfect world we stop even thinking about race and just live our lives. I won't live to see it (maybe nobody will) but we can all dream about how wonderful it would be if we only noticed a person's character and ignored the outer casing.

Some have alluded to this: my understanding has always been that when an Argentine uses "negro/a" in reference to another person it's a shortened form of "cabeza negra/o," meaning "indigenous person," and has nothing to do with African descent. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Negro has nothing to do with African descent
Mi negro lindo ... Mi negra .. endearing terms
Negro Cabeza ...!! a very offensive derogatory comment .. can take you to jail if denounced to INADI

I'd be happy to hear you elaborate on why among all the cities of the world, Tel Aviv gets a nod for institutionalized racism.

We'd be derailing this thread, so this is not the venue, but yes, gladly, and can compare it/contrast it with Cape Town if you are interested (there are lots of positive similarities in the legal provisions, as well as some shortcomings that in Israel can be attributed to ethnocentrism while in South Africa it would be less so, and other specific examples from legislation, housing, social media, etc.). I worked in both places and precisely in this area and would gladly share.

Yes. You can safely assume that I don't care what sexual organs a politicians comes equipped with.

As for the rest of your statement, I've addressed the same thing multiple times and it's very clear what my stance is.

I'm glad there are things we can agree on. Other than that I'm not too interested in going in circles about this.

Ok, all I did I was fairly briefly expand on a theme when I responded to another post of yours ONCE before maybe a few weeks ago. And on both occassions I dont think I was disrespectful.

Im just debating. Thats all.

For anyone else who might be interested in my/a pov I too would like that race, skin colour, gender, age etc dont determine how far someone can get in life. But the reality is that many have much greater barriers in life than others simply because of these aspects.

To make the playing field more even the prejudices and discriminations have to be recognised before they can can be dealt with , obviously..

To ignore these issues doesnt mean they will naturally go away. Far from it. Black people, women etc have had to fight and continue to fight against discrimination and for equality. It wasnt and isnt just handed to them on a plate by those at the top.

'Gingers' (redheads) however deserve all the discrimination they get.

Just kidding.

Or am I....?

Yes I was.

Or was I....?

ps Im ginger.

Im not really. Just a bit of ginger in the beard in strong light.

I love gingers!

We'd be derailing this thread, so this is not the venue, but yes, gladly, and can compare it/contrast it with Cape Town if you are interested (there are lots of positive similarities in the legal provisions, as well as some shortcomings that in Israel can be attributed to ethnocentrism while in South Africa it would be less so, and other specific examples from legislation, housing, social media, etc.). I worked in both places and precisely in this area and would gladly share.

Great, I'd love to hear. If not on this thread, on another one or via PM.

Back