Racist tweet by Trump re future immigration to the US

I am surprised to learn your husband was unable to find any legal employees. I presume he was offering competitive wages, if not, the promise of union wages. Yes? If so, PM me. I 'm pretty sure I can refer him some legal workers from the SF bay area.

When I was living in NYC, for my girlfriend it was very difficult for her to find employed in Upstate NY who know to add and substract for giving change, so, she used to hire foreign students because the standard education in the US is so bad that common people is like Homer Simpson or worst.

I don't disagree that certain of types of skilled people may be given a preference in immigration law if that is your point, however the tailoring would be to skills, not to locations per se.

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you suggesting that a Bracero-like guest worker program ought to be incorporated into any new immigrant related legislation? I'm pretty sure that would not be geographically feasible for Haitians or people from African nations. If it were, I might be supportive of it.
Incidentally, I moved to San Francisco in 1976 and for a few years was manager of the SFNLAF (Legal Aid) Mission (Latino barrio) office. I can confirm much of what you say, however, I don't think it is correct to say that the California'' construction industry relies on migrant workers. Wages were high enough to attract a local work force. However, when I left CA in 2000, there were still many seasonal farm workers, many illegal restaurant employees, and a good number of commercial cleaning/gardening people from Mexico, Nicaragua, and other Latino countries.
As you indicate, the "seasonal" farm workers coming from Mexico to work in the fields of CA were willing to endure pretty bad working conditions because the low wages they earned (sent home to support their families) were significantly better than what they could earn in Mexico.

But I am a bit confused. What is the "dismantling" to which you refer? As my then Mexican girlfriend was quick to remind me, these migrant workers paid taxes (income and soc sec), but never benefitted from tax supported public services. I believe (not sure) that these seasonal workers/lettuce/orchard pickers also paid the equivalent of union dues despite not receiving union benefits. Accordingly, I don't comprehend why union bosses would want to dismantle the Bracero program. I will also confirm the Mexican work force was composed overwhelmingly of hard and reliable workers whether it was in the fields or as busboys/waiters hired illegally to work in restaurants. And they did jobs that US residents didn't want to do.

My point is simply that using a lottery system to randomly admit refugees from Haiti or African nations (or anywhere else in the world for that matter) may not be in the best interests of the American people given contemporary safety net, social service entitlements, not to mention a low 4% unemployment level. I would prefer a merit based qualification for the right to immigrate. As for the DACA program, that is something else. I don't have enough information about how many child "dreamers" would be affected by roll back of the law that allows them to remain in the US. Incidentally (again), a Federal judge just issued a restraining order barring recall of the DACA legislation thereby allowing some 800,000 kids to remain in the US. See https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/09/us/trump-daca-improper.html. Coincidentally, the judge, Bill Alsop, was a great lawyer with whom I interfaced on legal matters when I left SFNLAF and went to work for Wells Fargo.

Lottery is used got green cards, for a refugee status there must be an preliminar investigation on the fact that supports that status that has a lot of priviledges.

I don't disagree that certain of types of skilled people may be given a preference in immigration law if that is your point, however the tailoring would be to skills, not to locations per se.

A Location based law is discriminative. Skills is not.
What Gracielle is not seen is that the Standard American low class worker is almost useless besides jar head becouse the education system sucks and many of them had mental issues regarding to child malnutrition.

Julian63: religious discrimination is as bad as race discrimination. Both are serious violations to human rights:
http://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Discrimination/Pages/discrimination_religious.aspx

Also, remember that the pilgrims of the Mayflower came to America looking for freedom of religion.
Islam is the most supremacist, intolerant of all religions with which I am familiar. I am not a big fan of homophobia. Homosexual acts are a capital offense in Islam often carried out by throwing violators off of roof tops.
I am not a big fan of misogyny. Adultery by women is a capital offense; Koran 4;34 gives men the right to physically hit women; women's vote counts 1/2 that of a man in sharia law jurisdictions; to prove rape a woman under sharia law must have 4 witnesses.
Under sharia law non-muslims are required to convert or willingly submit to 2nd class citizenship including having to pay the jizya tax - or die.
Inherent in Islamic law are female genital mutilation, child brides and honor killing.
I do not like people who adhere to these mores.

Islam is the most supremacist, intolerant of all religions with which I am familiar. I am not a big fan of homophobia. Homosexual acts are a capital offense in Islam often carried out by throwing violators off of roof tops.
I am not a big fan of misogyny. Adultery by women is a capital offense; Koran 4;34 gives men the right to physically hit women; women's vote counts 1/2 that of a man in sharia law jurisdictions; to prove rape a woman under sharia law must have 4 witnesses.
Under sharia law non-muslims are required to convert or willingly submit to 2nd class citizenship including having to pay the jizya tax - or die.
Inherent in Islamic law are female genital mutilation, child brides and honor killing.
I do not like people who adhere to these mores.

Did you know that people who emigrate from muslim countries are moderated muslims, gay or catholics.

When I was living in NYC, for my girlfriend it was very difficult for her to find employed in Upstate NY who know to add and substract for giving change, so, she used to hire foreign students because the standard education in the US is so bad that common people is like Homer Simpson or worst.
I don't know about the comparative levels of education between Arg and USA, but based upon your post # 6 above I suggest your brain power may also be similar to that of Homer. I offered this logical fallacy:
"I hate A and B. A and B are letters ergo I hate all letters", to which you replied:
"Of course, it is called logic, part of a rational thinking..."

Did you know that people who emigrate from muslim countries are moderated muslims, gay or catholics.
Moderated Muslims? What's that? To the extent Muslims reject the tenets of their faith they are apostates and you know what the punishment of apostasy is under sharia law? Death. Similarly, blasphemy (criticizing the prophet or the Koran or the faith) is a capital offense. Now, if a person born into the faith renounces these kinds of barbaric ethics, then I treat them as I would any other rational being.

Back