Rapi & others banned.

Didn't realize voluntary work was slavery in Argentina
Ignorancy is a bliss. I enligh you about medieval law.
You used to have 7 ways to loose your freedom: 1) defeat and capture in battle; 2) to be a son of a slave; 3) debts; 4) kidnapping and 5) marriage 6) militar capitulatin and 7) “voluntary” work from a voluntary contract known as “confiscation”.

Is like it doesn’t sounds good that your working contract’s name is confiscation, right?

Technically they are not slave, islamic servant is the right term. So, the change Mauricio Macri proposed and made it happened is to go back to medieval slavery.

FYI the source of this aparent “mild” slavery is the islam but it was abolished in ALL the islamic countries.

Last edited:
yes, it was made a law, but that is my point. it was nonsense to begin with.

the delivery guys have a hard job, no doubt about it.

but why is the govt concerned with making them wear helmets and reflective clothing when the police give zero f***s about anyone else on a bicycle? and rappi/glovo/etc should be required to provide all of these items? do any other courier service do this? any other delivery guy from any local resturant or mini market? i wonder why they don't pay attention to them. or enforce safety laws that already exist on the streets.
It was not the government but the justice, it really is not the same and it shouldn't be. It was not " made a law , Labor laws exist for a long time in Argentina. The judge basically asked these companies to comply with current laws or suspend their operation, which in my eyes makes perfect sense. Police forces do not decide over these matters plus these was not simply about transit law.

A little alarm goes off in my head when people opine without facts. This thread set off my alarm.

Last night, I was walking through Recoleta Mall and I spotted a group of Rapi deliverers, two Venezuelan guys to be specific. I asked them about the judicial order and the job of delivery for Rapi. On the judicial order, business has not stopped and they were busy last night. They said the law may demand that deliverers become employees of the delivery firms. The most important thing to these two guys was that their jobs are preserved, not that they become employees or wear reflective tape or strap the food box to the bike, rather than their backs.

Economically, both guys are happy to be Rapi deliverers. They said, "If you work at a retail job in this mall or at one of these restaurants here, which are good jobs for Buenos Aires given the tourist crowd and the zona, you are paid $15.000 - $20.000 pesos per month. You work long, hard hours. You have a boss. You get paid every 2 weeks. If you don't show up or are sick, you are fired. You handle food and people, but you also sweep floors and scrub toilets. On a per hour basis, you make very little."

Rapi, on the other hand, they said was a great job. "We make $25.000 - $30.000 per month." I asked if that included tips and they said yes. They said about half of all customers tip. "You make more money than retail or restaurant. You work 8 hours per day, four at lunch and four at dinner. You set your own schedule. If you have a doctor's appointment, no problem. If you are sick, no problem. If you don't want to work that day, no problem. You can withdraw your Rapi funds next day, plus you always get tips. So we always have access to money - we don't have to wait 2 weeks. We do a delivery, then we hang out here and chat with friends until another order comes. Plus, we are in great physical shape from all the riding."

As we were chatting, one of them got an order. He said, "Hold on. I have to get this." He fiddled with the phone for a few seconds then said he had to take this delivery. I asked him to give me the specs before he left. He responded, "I pedal 2 blocks down Quintana and pick the order up. Then 5 blocks towards Centro and drop it. That's 7 blocks in total for 85 pesos. If there's a tip, I'll make even more." I thanked him and he left.

Draw your own conclusions.

A little alarm goes off in my head when people opine without facts. This thread set off my alarm.

The judicial action is not about what is best for the delivery driver. No one cares if these delivery drivers end up homeless or dead in a ditch. They are disposble. The ONLY thing that matters, and the entire reason for the judicial enforcement, is that some upper class uppity liberals get to virtue signal and feel like they made a difference.

They can now talk their friends at a cocktail party about how they "saved" these delivery drivers. When someone says "What about job loss?" They will nonchalantly reply they can go get another job and a safer job at that! Hahahaha. For some uppity liberal who has never worked in their life they think that getting another job is as simple as a finger snap. Hell, they probably are wondering why these delivery drivers even work when they could be living off the rents of all the apartments they probably own!

So: a new industry, solves a need, has created tons of jobs. Is not perfect.
Solution: shitcan it.

Progress, Argentine edition.

*Extra credit: Even though pay and conditions are very competitive with comparable jobs, toss in some commentary about abuse and slavery.
Bonus points for getting Macri and Islam in the mix as well.

Last edited:
If they have an accident with a car, they have no insurance neither paid days for healing neither disability pension so the old slavery is resurrected where they worked until they died because, if you have to buy a slave, then he is an asset that you have to take properly care.
The second point in the Court decision is that the bags cannot be attached to the back of a man because they are human but not mules. This is going to hurt their back being super easy to protect their health.
FYI consent is excluded from any analysis of slavery by law.

Translation to English:

If they have an accident with a car, they have no insurance neither paid days for healing neither disability pension so the old slavery is resurrected where they worked until they died because, if you have to buy a slave, then he is an asset that you have to take properly care.

We’re going to take the concept known everywhere as “independent contractor” and dub it “slavery”.
(This, notwithstanding that the people in question fit several the criteria of independent contractors. They work when they wish, running an own schedule; they can switch to another service, or indeed to another job altogether, at will. And abundant testimony exists that these jobs are better than comparable “legal” ones, and far more sought after.)
But who are workers to decide what’s best for workers?

The second point in the Court decision is that the bags cannot be attached to the back of a man because they are human but not mules. This is going to hurt their back being super easy to protect their health.

Look at all these people. Slaves, I tell you. No, mules.
Horses, really. Yes. Horses!

FYI consent is excluded from any analysis of slavery by law.

The human capacity to reason is excluded from any analysis by law.
Stifling creativity is just how it works here. Don’t like it? Too bad.
Then - let’s complain about unemployment.

Last edited:

Last night, I was walking through Recoleta Mall and I spotted a group of Rapi deliverers, two Venezuelan guys to be specific. I asked them about the judicial order and the job of delivery for Rapi. On the judicial order, business has not stopped and they were busy last night. They said the law may demand that deliverers become employees of the delivery firms. The most important thing to these two guys was that their jobs are preserved, not that they become employees or wear reflective tape or strap the food box to the bike, rather than their backs.

Economically, both guys are happy to be Rapi deliverers. They said, "If you work at a retail job in this mall or at one of these restaurants here, which are good jobs for Buenos Aires given the tourist crowd and the zona, you are paid $15.000 - $20.000 pesos per month. You work long, hard hours. You have a boss. You get paid every 2 weeks. If you don't show up or are sick, you are fired. You handle food and people, but you also sweep floors and scrub toilets. On a per hour basis, you make very little."

Rapi, on the other hand, they said was a great job. "We make $25.000 - $30.000 per month." I asked if that included tips and they said yes. They said about half of all customers tip. "You make more money than retail or restaurant. You work 8 hours per day, four at lunch and four at dinner. You set your own schedule. If you have a doctor's appointment, no problem. If you are sick, no problem. If you don't want to work that day, no problem. You can withdraw your Rapi funds next day, plus you always get tips. So we always have access to money - we don't have to wait 2 weeks. We do a delivery, then we hang out here and chat with friends until another order comes. Plus, we are in great physical shape from all the riding."

As we were chatting, one of them got an order. He said, "Hold on. I have to get this." He fiddled with the phone for a few seconds then said he had to take this delivery. I asked him to give me the specs before he left. He responded, "I pedal 2 blocks down Quintana and pick the order up. Then 5 blocks towards Centro and drop it. That's 7 blocks in total for 85 pesos. If there's a tip, I'll make even more." I thanked him and he left.

Draw your own conclusions.

Sounds like the government definitely needs to intervene and release them from their bonds of slavery so they can go back to scrounging for work at a local cafe with a shifty dishonest boss.

The judicial action is not about what is best for the delivery driver. No one cares if these delivery drivers end up homeless or dead in a ditch. They are disposble. The ONLY thing that matters, and the entire reason for the judicial enforcement, is that some upper class uppity liberals get to virtue signal and feel like they made a difference.

They can now talk their friends at a cocktail party about how they "saved" these delivery drivers. When someone says "What about job loss?" They will nonchalantly reply they can go get another job and a safer job at that! Hahahaha. For some uppity liberal who has never worked in their life they think that getting another job is as simple as a finger snap. Hell, they probably are wondering why these delivery drivers even work when they could be living off the rents of all the apartments they probably own!

Besides your imagination, I know the judge and he is whatever but not a liberal.

The human capacity to reason is excluded from any analysis by law.

Well, well, well, there is something called Palermo Treatry against transnational organized crimes that is the source of the legal rule I explained you incorporated in the law 26.842:

2C487854-DB47-4D80-BFFD-D23637102D29.jpegA669E821-AD39-45A0-86DE-46368BC89D98.png
However, there are always going ro be blots in this world...

Back