Re: British Passport Renewal ?

Juanito

Registered
Guys,

Just a quick (and possibly stupid) question. If my passport is about to expire in June next year am I getting in too early to try to organize renewing it ? The last time I did it overseas I think I was told that I should start the process at least 6 months before the expiry date (and this is Argentina...)

Thought I'd better ask.

Thanks in advance :)

False alarm guys - its all here:) lol https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y/argentina/renewing_new/adult

I got mine in a couple of weeks last time, but I don't know if they are still issuing them at the British Embassy here - I think they may be doing them centrally in the UK now or something - I went and dropped off/ picked up in person in 2008.

They're very helpful and efficient in my experience, and there are never queues like there are at the US Embassy. I'd suggest calling them!

No passports now at the UK embassy

Applications have to be sent to Washington USA where they are processed.

Passport comes via DHL from UK to your home.

I did hear that this was about to change and then everything would go to the UK and come back from there.

If you have to go to the UK you can get a special service at main passport offices and you get the passport in 4 hours.

Thanks guys... I've been reading the downloadable pdf and other instructions and it looks like you have to courier your original passport and a couple of photos back to the UK, pay about 150 quid (yes, that much...) and wait about 4 weeks and it comes back to you via courier... The application part looks like its online...

PS Here is the current guide I am reading now... https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/254490/OS_OL_Guidance_10.13.pdf

I got told I don't need the photos if my current passport is still valid and I still look the same B) These days requests from Argentina are processed in the UK instead of US.

The US passport took 2 weeks and a DHL home delivery charge of ~AR$80.

I could pay my US price in AR pesos at the official rate and it was laughable.

Then the US sent it to the US and back in record speed. I'm sure that it's the same for the piratas.

Back