Re: Expats And Politics - Expressing Opinions Publicly

If you are really scared and want to post anonymously you can use the TOR browser

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

I disagree with Bajo on political issues 99% of the time. But I also lived under a dictatorship once. I know what censorship, control of the press and oppression is. That is NOT what Argentina is today. One can argue that the government might be using artifices, dirty tricks and even illegal methods to discourage criticism from the press. But it is not hunting down and oppressing people.

I lived though a dictatorship (and so did Bajo) and it looks NOTHING like this. I hate this government, but dictators, they are not.

Listen, I disagree with Bajo on 99% of all political matters. And I hate and despise this government. But I also lived under a dictatorship and know first hand what suppression of free speech looks like, and let me tell you, it looks nothing like what we have in Argentina today. Does the K regime uses questionable tactics to "discourage" the large media groups from criticizing the government? You bet. But going after individuals because of what they say? There is nothing even remotely like that in Argentina today.

If you are really scared and want to post anonymously you can use the TOR browser

https://www.torproje...browser.html.en
I am not scared at all, I am a "nobody", as someone pointed out, no offense taken! :) I just had a little late night paranoia about whether my public twitter account is the place I should be sharing links and quotes that are highly critical of the government, when I am in the middle of a residency process. I am no journalist and have no big following at all. But I am the only one in the world with my name, so if someone where to google it, those things would be right up top.

But from the different replies, I think I am fine. Thanks all!!

Noruega, I think your initial "paranoia" was justified. But there is hope: government employees here are arguably too incompetent to connect the dots.

Back