Reasons to be sad

Dear All,

I am brand new to the group and this is my first post. I have been reading many of the your posts.

I have scheduled a one month visit to BA in October.

Do people feel that it may be an unwise or unhappy time to visit BA?

Thanks in advance for your comments, thoughts and advice you may offer to me.

David Freed

Guys I was getting soooo frustrated with this thread -- c'mon, it's the same issues over and over, lets be new and creative in what we wonder about, not the same old questions, where everyone knows side X believes A and side Y believes B... -- and I was even planning a long response that would begin by quoting portia (if to do were as easy as to know, then chapels would be churches!) and then, something truly wonderful and unexpected happened: somehow, the convesation turned towards military aircraft. WTF? How did that happen? But however, it did, it is *wonderful*. Something new and interesting and different! Expertise knowledge you can share! Specific specialties, rather than repeated generalities!!! And a topic I knew nothing about actually, but always want to learn about everything!!! I had no idea the F-16 was that great, or the F-22 sucked, this is really interesting to learn. I didn't expected it in this thread, but isn't life all about the unexpected twists and turns, we never know where it will take us? More aircraft talk, please!!!!!

daviddc said:
I have scheduled a one month visit to BA in October.

Do people feel that it may be an unwise or unhappy time to visit BA?

Nope, short term visits are OK. Living here stinks some days. Most of them lately.

You'll probably find nice weather. Try not to expect cheap stuff and remember large cities hold paranoid, fast-paced, aggressive, rude people everywhere, not just here.

If I can ask you to bring me a Kinect (XBox peripherial) for my kids, please let me know. Anyways, at your service.

War with Chille? Not likely. Bad for chilean business. One thing to appear to be a strong military force in the regionand a different one to make a demonstration. Not likely to be the aggressor. Argentina? We lack the ammo to shoot down whale picking seaguls, the balls to shoot down drug trafficking planes and the spine to get rid of the current government. Who will lead us? Fainty Kristina?

Yes, the F-22 is a money pit. Can't fly. I think it is currently grounded.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ounded-pilots-report-lack-oxygen-flights.html
http://strikefighterconsultinginc.com/blog/is-the-f-22-unsafe-for-pilots/

I was thinking we could utilize this thread as a conduit to talk about water boarding. But seriously, I am heading back in a month after being away for four months. Aside from my long term love interest in Buenos Aires, is there anything else to look forward to? Lord knows the beef in Chicago is far superior. And so is the selection of Argentine wine (which are more reasonable here than in Buenos Aires). So aside from imminent Armageddon, is there any silver lining? Are they still making empanadas? How about volcan de dulce de leche? Or is that out too? Hoping people still dance tango at the glorietta in barrancas de Belgrano after sunset. That is cool.

Iznogud said:
Nope, short term visits are OK. Living here stinks some days. Most of them lately.

You'll probably find nice weather. Try not to expect cheap stuff and remember large cities hold paranoid, fast-paced, aggressive, rude people everywhere, not just here.

If I can ask you to bring me a Kinect (XBox peripherial) for my kids, please let me know. Anyways, at your service.
Disappoint your kids? No way! :).

'Middle-aged' (hmmm) guy here coming to study Tango intensively. Looking at airbnb for where to stay. Where to study and live for another thread.

I'll check it Amazon or can you suggest the least expensive source for Kinect.

Best, David

Thank you VERY much!!! Under and up to a U$D 100 use your best judgement. I'm told they can be found pre-owned, as good as new, for peanuts at certain stores. No need for the box, just a complete working unit in good shape.

FYI one member here has a Tango Academy at Almagro

EDIT: http://dni-tango.com/, member is JohnnyDutch

EDIT2: Even better if the Kinect includes it's own power supply - older Xbox 360

kre8ivelyXposed said:
interestingly, I am in Miami right now and had dinner with Argentine friends last night who live here a long time but return to visit BA about twice a year. We all drank malbec and expressed similar sadnesses. I guess the malaise is running up and down the hemisphere:(
agreed...here in Oakland I am finishing the memoir i started in BA 10 years before. I will be back in a minute for a last visit. your words here capture the moment, and feed my thoughts.

Suerte Buenos Aires.

Stafford said:
I was thinking we could utilize this thread as a conduit to talk about water boarding. But seriously, I am heading back in a month after being away for four months. Aside from my long term love interest in Buenos Aires, is there anything else to look forward to? Lord knows the beef in Chicago is far superior. And so is the selection of Argentine wine (which are more reasonable here than in Buenos Aires). So aside from imminent Armageddon, is there any silver lining? Are they still making empanadas? How about volcan de dulce de leche? Or is that out too? Hoping people still dance tango at the glorietta in barrancas de Belgrano after sunset. That is cool.

The empanadas are still morish..La morada and Cumin Cumin a personal favourite. Volcan dulce de leche Y panqueque de manzana still teeth achingly good and tango at El Viejo Correo (my old haunt) still very much alive and kicking...reasons not to be sad!

Not sure if this thread is now about military aircraft but didnt anyone see this ..

Argentina shows off jet model and calls on UK to dialogue on Falklands’ sovereignty

Seems like "jet-fighter Pampa II, totally designed and manufactured in Argentina (with the exception of the engine)" is a new ace up the sleeve for Cristina in forcing the issue on the Falklands

nice colour scheme - I soo luv "celeste"

Has it flown or is this a cardboard cut out? Will it match the Bullet Train for speed?
http://www.worldpolicy.org/blog/2012/04/20/argentina’s-high-speed-trains-delayed-and-derailed

Maybe a tunnel to connect the Falklands with Retiro?

Cummon! You gotta laugh!!!

Back