Receiving mail from outside Argentina

I’d like to send 2 small size lightweight books from the US to BA, max total value is $20, and plan to send it via USPS hoping to be delivered to door.. This would be a gift, and a surprise for my friend. Anyone who got books, did you need to file any paperwork, go and collect it, pay any duties ? Any experiences shared is appreciated.

I’d like to send 2 small size lightweight books from the US to BA, max total value is $20, and plan to send it via USPS hoping to be delivered to door.. This would be a gift, and a surprise for my friend. Anyone who got books, did you need to file any paperwork, go and collect it, pay any duties ? Any experiences shared is appreciated.
If I want new books delivered to Argentina, I order them from bookdepository.com who despatch them free of charge and (touch wood, etc., etc.) they have always got there - eventually. I've no recent experience of personally mailed packages as we generally try to avoid them.

If I want new books delivered to Argentina, I order them from bookdepository.com who despatch them free of charge and (touch wood, etc., etc.) they have always got there - eventually. I've no recent experience of personally mailed packages as we generally try to avoid them.
Thanks for the hints! Will check out this site. Do you need to give an ID for your order and go through the import duties procedure etc as well ? Or they deliver to you directly ? It is not urgent, so most important that the recipient get it and I would like her to avoid going extra miles & charges...

I also successfully ordered from there, though it took two months for the books to arrive. I didn't have any procedures to go through at all - they came to my door, no extra charges

Be sure to check the USPS website for countries that USPS is not shipping to right now or that have delivery issues. Early in the pandemic the USPS was automatically returning mail / shipments to senders due to difficulties in completing delivery.
You can help your package move through Argentina Customs by including the receiver's DNI number in the delivery address.

I also successfully ordered from there, though it took two months for the books to arrive. I didn't have any procedures to go through at all - they came to my door, no extra charges
Thanks cbbsas ! Sounds great.

Be sure to check the USPS website for countries that USPS is not shipping to right now or that have delivery issues. Early in the pandemic the USPS was automatically returning mail / shipments to senders due to difficulties in completing delivery.
You can help your package move through Argentina Customs by including the receiver's DNI number in the delivery address.
Thanks artisans !

With bookdepository.com the key question is, when you want to place an order, what does it say on their website about deliveries? There was a moment last year when postal services and deliveries to and from Argentina were suspended by everybody - including The Book Depository. Then, although nothing changed with USPS, Royal Mail etc, BD started to offer deliveries to Argentina again and I took a chance and ordered a couple of books. They arrived - eventually - having been routed via The Netherlands. I presume BD have the flexibility not to be dependent on just one delivery system.

With bookdepository.com the key question is, when you want to place an order, what does it say on their website about deliveries? There was a moment last year when postal services and deliveries to and from Argentina were suspended by everybody - including The Book Depository. Then, although nothing changed with USPS, Royal Mail etc, BD started to offer deliveries to Argentina again and I took a chance and ordered a couple of books. They arrived - eventually - having been routed via The Netherlands. I presume BD have the flexibility not to be dependent on just one delivery system.
got it, thanks elhombresinnombre !

Back