Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

It's 2020 all over again. Hopefully those travelling are only doing it for work and emergencies.. people travelling for tourism should be banned.
Yes, ban them or put them in a concentration camps. Those traitors...
  • Traitors who travel to a country where the covid situation is under control with few cases
  • Traitors who leave the country where nobody cares about the covid rules (e.g. greet everybody with a kiss on the cheek)
  • Traitors who pay travel out of their own pocket to get vaccinated with a mRNA vaccination because the corrupt Argentine government messed up negotiations
  • Traitors who got tested (multiple times) by real laboratories (not just two monotributistas with no background in medicine) before arriving
Yes ban us! Greetings from the US.

PS: I'll be back!

Yes. Aerolineas Argentinas has already cancelled 59 out of 90 scheduled flights between now and 11JUL.

More generic details on the new restrictions available on the link above or various Argentine media outlets.

I would expect this disruption to last a month or few...

Anyone travelling to or from Argentina is best advised to be prepared to be "stranded" for some weeks/ months and thus ensure you have the resources/ funds for a place to stay longer than anticipated etc... if unlucky enough to have a cancelled flight, getting a new seat on a flight will be very, very difficult given the enormous backlog resulting - especially to/ from the US and other Latin American destinations where demand is higher. The Argentine government previously ruled out putting on "repatriation" flights.

Update as ANAC approvals start to trickle in:
Lufthansa has two flights to FRA approved by ANAC already 03JUL and 10JUL only - all others cancelled prior to 11JUL:

LATAM will operate one flight to LIM on 02JUL only - all others cancelled prior to 12JUL. Information on Brazil and Chile routes to follow.

So will they allow more than 600 people to LEAVE daily?

Last minute News from A24 TV . Avianca flight destined to Ezeiza had 190 passaengers waiting to board , the airline received instructions form ANAC Argentina, that only 150 could board the plane . Numbers were sorted with 150 winners , the rest had to be reprogramed for a future flight ....

Last minute News from A24 TV . Avianca flight destined to Ezeiza had 190 passaengers waiting to board , the airline received instructions form ANAC Argentina, that only 150 could board the plane . Numbers were sorted with 150 winners , the rest had to be reprogramed for a future flight ....

Where was the flight coming from?

And just about everyone thought Pensador was behaving like a nut when he declared his position and took his stance.

(I have read a lot of his and others previous posts.)

Smart guy. Just decided to shelter in place and lay low avoiding the nuttiness around him.

Pensador gets the last laugh.
Has he gotten laid this whole time? I'd hold off on the last laugh for now.:)

Well I guess our travel plans for the 2nd half of July are dead in the water too. Airbnb cancellation up to 48 hours before arrival is not compatible with a lottery to get on the plane. The problem with Avianca is that they don’t even maintain an office here anymore. Oh well.

Back