Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

News that residents of the province of Buenos Aires will be required to isolate in hotels for 4 days at their own expense followed by isolation for 3 days at home... as well as introducing higher fines (up to ARS4m) for breaking the quarantine.

Only change in city announced so far is that travellers who test positive on arrival will continue to be isolated at hotels, however now they will be required to pay for it (instead of the city footing the bill for it as before)

The worst thing about hotel quarantine is if you take all precautions as best you can and end up quarantining next door to a positive case its likely you will catch it. This is where the majority of cases that got through the Australian hotel system occurred. I am HIGHLY skeptical of Argentinas ability to manage a hotel quarantine scenario - even Australia can't get it right and they have been trying for over 1 year. Their final answer is building accomodation in the middle of no where with separated cabins outdoors lol...

These reductions apply until July 12? Isn't it likely that the government will increase the number of flights allowed after that? Presumably the number of vaccinations will increase which would give them justification for such a decision.

I was thinking of moving to Buenos Aires permanently with my dog. Or at least setting up a base there so I can spend 6 months or so per year there…I guess now is a bad time to do it?

I am really paranoid about making all the arrangements to fly down there with my large dog in cargo, and then something going wrong… cancelled flights, migraciones rejects me at EZE and makes me fly back etc…. My poor dog would be stuck in a crate flying to Buenos Aires and then flying back to the US.

Here is a link with the list of approved flights in July available to date. It is to be updated when more information available to check back in if approved flights for your airline are not available yet.
Thanks for that link. I just booked a flight on AeroMexico direct from the DF to EZE on July 11. I thought of waiting for a possible less restrictive environment (and less expensive) but the iron is hot. Fingers crossed that this is indeed an approved flight as has been announced.

I was thinking of moving to Buenos Aires permanently with my dog. Or at least setting up a base there so I can spend 6 months or so per year there…I guess now is a bad time to do it?

I am really paranoid about making all the arrangements to fly down there with my large dog in cargo, and then something going wrong… cancelled flights, migraciones rejects me at EZE and makes me fly back etc…. My poor dog would be stuck in a crate flying to Buenos Aires and then flying back to the US.

Yes it's a very unstable time. Why not wait a year?

These reductions apply until July 12? Isn't it likely that the government will increase the number of flights allowed after that? Presumably the number of vaccinations will increase which would give them justification for such a decision.
The DNUs are revised/ extended every two weeks. It would be rare / unprecedented for them to implement a border restriction that lasts only 2 weeks especially when we do not yet have community transmission of the variant these new restrictions are allegedly protecting against, which in itself would take a few weeks to be detected.

Vaccination will unlikely go that much faster than it is already over the next few months - still tens of millions of people to go and millions of second doses still needed with only 9% fully vaccinated (and thus sufficiently protected against the Delta variant to not worry too much about them spreading it.)

Remember that the flight bans to the UK, Brazil and other destinations + 2000 pax cap were all initially intended for a short period of time, and they are still with us after the Manaus and UK strains have run/ are running their course. Unfortunately, I fully expect to see it extended for a few months even after the Delta is running wild in Argentina, unless/ until the majority of Argentines are fully vaccinated to sufficiently protect the community against new strains or the rules are declared by the supreme court as unconstitutional or a new border "strategy" is adopted or election results in November somehow create the political pressure to change things.

Last edited:
Back