Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

But don't you think that some of the infrastructure for the hotel quarantine can pretty easily be revived from when they did it a year ago, or are we talking too many travelers for that to be implemented any time soon?
It’s just a propagada. People read something they never follow up, they assume something is being done. They believe all those “news” and this is exactly what the government wants. It’s election year — see something is being done, need to distract from the other problems, lack of vaccines etc.
As I said people read these articles - they are disincentivized to travel and that s the point. So many people still believe the borders are closed and people cannot travel and when I tell them I have been to Brazil 3 times and to Spain they don't believe me.
Do I think the hotel cuarentena can be put in place? Sure. Quickly? No. Maybe in May. Just my opinion let’s see.

Quarantine hotels already exist - they are used for cases that live with other people or those who cannot safety be isolated. Plus last year it was implemented within a few weeks. Could explain why they didn’t just announce it when the president spoke the other day - in the background working on the implementation plan to be able to confirm the details.

Quarantine hotels already exist - they are used for cases that live with other people or those who cannot safety be isolated. Plus last year it was implemented within a few weeks. Could explain why they didn’t just announce it when the president spoke the other day - in the background working on the implementation plan to be able to confirm the details.
Capacity. Even if they do implemente it soon it will be for those who will travel as of say next week. Not those that have already left. Just my guess. Those that have left will likely be allowed to do it at home but will be monitored more closely. Let’s see.

Foreign tourists (they're not even allowed, are they?) or Argentines who went abroad for tourism? I suspect there will be many ambiguities.

Foreign tourists (they're not even allowed, are they?) or Argentines who went abroad for tourism? I suspect there will be many ambiguities.
Foreign tourists are already banned and will remain banned. Hence new measures are only talking about Argentines (and Argentine residents) traveling abroad for “tourism”.

We now just need to wait for the DNU to see the details.

Habrá un minucioso control del turista en cuarentena a través del cruce de información y de la colaboración entre las fuerzas de seguridad de la Nación y las provincias.

LOL yeah right

Back