Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

Air France did absolutely nothing for me when my flight was cancelled and didn’t even let me know. Luckily I checked on my flight when I got to Paris and managed to organise another flight though Frankfurt the same day.
The desk agent was absolutely no use all he did was pick up the phone to see about getting me on a flight back to where I’d came from…

Does anyone know anything about American Airlines? AA
My mom is supposed to fly DFW --> EZE on August 13 (Arrive August 14)
She isn't an Argentine national, nor does she have a PR. She's Canadian-Romanian.

I assume her flight will get cancelled/re-scheduled but I'm worried she won't be able to fly here anytime soon.
(I am 8 months pregnant and she was supposed to come to help me out).

I'm so stressed about this situation.
Any advice for making sure she is on a flight that will arrive? (Fingers crossed the BAN against Non-nationals is lifted)

How does it work? Do they email you that your flight was cancelled? They don't automatically rebook you? It's up to you to rebook? First come, first served or is there any priority?
no, I was not automatically rebooked. I just got a mail that my flight was canceled and I should call to rebook. doesn't appear to be any priority either

She isn't an Argentine national, nor does she have a PR. She's Canadian-Romanian.

I assume her flight will get cancelled/re-scheduled but I'm worried she won't be able to fly here anytime soon.

Any advice for making sure she is on a flight that will arrive? (Fingers crossed the BAN against Non-nationals is lifted)
I sympathise with you in your situation: my baby granddaughter has just arrived several weeks early (kids eh? never do what you want them to do) so I understand how you and your mum must be feeling. There are some rare humanitarian exceptions to the "citizens and residents only" rule which will probably depend on a)your status in Argentina b)your baby's father's status in Argentina and c)an awful lot of bureaucracy so please don't hold out too much hope, but do look into it. The UK page at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/argentina/entry-requirements has some information, advice and some links and I would imagine your mum's country's foreign department (Canada?) will have something similar. Good luck and I hope it works out for you all.

flights to/from DFW are already suspended and not part of their reduced schedule. i can't imagine that route would reopen suddenly after aug 6, but it's possible i guess. there are a number of flights from MIA, so my advice would be to get to MIA and fly that way instead of direct.

but more than this, there is very little chance she will be able to enter anyway in august in my opinion. it likely will be some months still before tourists or people without residency are able to enter.

You will find out here.. highly unlikely tourism will be allowed for a long time.. Maybe next year. They aren't even letting family members in at the moment
Thanks for the reply, even if it wasn't what I was hoping. I have heard conflicting opinions on this though, with some of my Argentine friends saying watch this space with regards to the up coming elections and loosening of entry restrictions.

I had my PCR test at La Rural this afternoon. Looking forward to being set free tomorrow. For those of you who did the same, did the test results arrive via email? Thanks.

Back