Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

They even canceled the flight from the national rugby team in Tokio (yes the recent bronze medal winners) those f***ing idiots. Argentina is more and more becoming a 'shithole' country.

That was a regular flight that got cancelled along many others on the same route. You are reading too much into it.

Mine was cancelled (8/8) and rescheduled (9/2) earlier this week, even if the new DNU only covers until 8/6.

I don't know if this will help anyone but I've heard of several instances where getting waitlisted and being ready to go has helped travellers to get on flights.

It seems you spoke with my husband, but I still think that whomever says those things, is a believer and should do a reality check. This Government doesn't care what other people or countries or companies or airlines think. For decades, they have had terrible international relationship with all modern countries, never cared if they ranked poorly in terms of transparency, data on poverty, taxes etc... I don't really think they care about the 45k Argentinian stranded abroad and what airline thinks or what the world think about limiting freedom in Argentina.

We can get away with most shit the Ks throw at the fan, but not this time when airlines (which HAVE TO comply and have no workaround) are involved.
This time, the shit hit the fan... and US.
Looks like beginning of December for extranjeros, ye of little faith ;-)

So should I pretty much assume my flight is canceled? Am I going to get the money for my flight refunded?
nothing is confirmed yet after aug 6. you may not know until a day or two prior if your flight will be confirmed.

you won't get refunded, you will have that credit available to use to rebook.

That was a regular flight that got cancelled along many others on the same route. You are reading too much into it.

Right. Having bronze medal winners stranded in Tokio, because of incompetence on all levels of the government is reading too much into it. LOL

Mine was cancelled (8/8) and rescheduled (9/2) earlier this week, even if the new DNU only covers until 8/6.

This is what the airlines do (not their fault). They book you on a future date of a flight that has not been approved yet. They can not do anything else because the approved flights are most likely already full. The airline has no idea at this point if the 9/2 will be approved or not. So, your 9/2 flight may be cancelled toward the end of August in which case they will book you again on some future date. This will go on until you hit the jackpot and your booked flight is approved. Happened to me while I was "stranded" in the US.

Right. Having bronze medal winners stranded in Tokio, because of incompetence on all levels of the government is reading too much into it. LOL

This is what the airlines do (not their fault). They book you on a future date of a flight that has not been approved yet. They can not do anything else because the approved flights are most likely already full. The airline has no idea at this point if the 9/2 will be approved or not. So, your 9/2 flight may be cancelled toward the end of August in which case they will book you again on some future date. This will go on until you hit the jackpot and your booked flight is approved. Happened to me while I was "stranded" in the US.

How about if the airlines only took reservations on approved flights? Even with two weeks notice the flights would fill up.

Who does the current system benefit where they accept reservations and charge credit cards for flights that has not been approved?

Last edited:
How about if the airlines only took reservations on approvied flights? who does it benefit if they accept your reservation and charge your credit card for a flight that has not been approved?
I agree. That would be ideal. And this is how it works in most other countries. But we are in Argentina. Flights are only approved until August 6 and the flights approved until August 6 are most likely all full. So, the airlines would not be able to sell any future flights at this point.

Edit:

And not to forget the return flights! If they only sell approved flights here in wonderful Argentina then your return flight would have to be before or on August 6 as well. Not feasible. They have no other choice but to sell tickets for flights that might not happen thanks to the clowns in the government.

I agree. That would be ideal. And this is how it works in most other countries. But we are in Argentina. Flights are only approved until August 6 and the flights approved until August 6 are most likely all full. So, the airlines would not be able to sell any future flights at this point.

Edit:

And not to forget the return flights! If they only sell approved flights here in wonderful Argentina then your return flight would have to be before or on August 6 as well. Not feasible. They have no other choice but to sell tickets for flights that might not happen thanks to the clowns in the government.

They do have a choice, the airlines could only sell seats until 8/6. Most businesses don't sell products that they dont have.

At least those passengers who get reservations on approved flights would know they are actually going to be travelling. And perhaps if passengers weren't distracted by reservations on unapproved flights there would be more pressure on the government to approve more flights.

Same for returning passengers. I'd rather compete for a reservation in the next two weeks than have a reservation that will get cancelled in three weeks leaving me with a credit.

As I said, who profits from all the unapproved reservations?

They do have a choice, the airlines could only sell seats until 8/6. Most businesses don't sell products that they dont have.

At least those passengers who get reservations on approved flights would know they are actually going to be travelling. And perhaps if passengers weren't distracted by reservations on unapproved flights there would be more pressure on the government to approve more flights.

Same for returning passengers. I'd rather compete for a reservation in the next two weeks than have a reservation that will get cancelled in three weeks leaving me with a credit.

As I said, who profits from all the unapproved reservations?

Next two weeks? August 6 is in a week. Both flights before August 6? That's would be a very short trip.

Who profits from this? The Argentinian government by getting rid of Aerolineas Argentina's competition. This is probably their long-term goal. See also: https://en.mercopress.com/2021/07/0...onsequences-for-banning-international-flights

Next two weeks? August 6 is in a week. Both flights before August 6? That's would be a very short trip.

Who profits from this? The Argentinian government by getting rid of Aerolineas Argentina's competition. This is probably their long-term goal. See also: https://en.mercopress.com/2021/07/0...onsequences-for-banning-international-flights

Clearly you wouldn't be able to book return until a seat is available on an approved flight. But how is that different from currently?

Good point, by accepting reservations the airlines are engaging with passengers rather than leaving the market to Aerolinas. But, after having two of my flights cancelled, I'm kinda p.o.'d at the airlines for taking my money and keeping me committed to flights that had little chance of ever leaving.

Back