Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

Clearly you wouldn't be able to book return until a seat is available on an approved flight. But how is that different from currently?

That would not work either. Many countries require you to have a return flight for visa-free travel. Also imagine you are abroad and suddenly the flight back would cost thousands because of high demand. Most travelers either need or want to buy both flights together.

And do not get me wrong. I am totally pissed at the situation. It cost my a lot of money while I was stranded in the US. Hotel, restaurant etc. add up after a few weeks. But I blame mostly the clowns in the Argentinian government for this.

Should I assume my August 8 flight is cancelled, and not bother traveling to Dallas?

Right. Having bronze medal winners stranded in Tokio, because of incompetence on all levels of the government is reading too much into it. LOL

Yeah, because they didn't cancel the flight because there was going to be the Rugby team on it. They just happened to have that flight booked because it was a date by which all Rugby competition at the Olympic Games would have concluded. So there is nothing to read into it.

KLM stopped selling flights to Buenos Aires, so there is a fair chance that they will be able to actually rebook their stranded passengers. Actually, my travel agent proposed me to get a refund for the return ticket and buy one on the next day (always KLM) or for July 13 (always KLM) but they were very expensive and I am in no hurry. I just want to go back at no extra cost. One more month of European summer... who's complaining?!

I think KLM expects that after August 6 the Government will extend the current restrictions and will authorise the same flights they have authorised with the current DNU, hence the alternatives I was offered.

Should I assume my August 8 flight is cancelled, and not bother traveling to Dallas?
no. you should wait and see. or if you don't want to wait until a day or two before, call now and reschedule for later than the 6th to give yourself some buffer.

no. you should wait and see. or if you don't want to wait until a day or two before, call now and reschedule for later than the 6th to give yourself some buffer.
But you may have to pay the difference in the fares, if you don't wait until the airline cancels your flight. That's what Delta told me until they saw that I had a miles tickets, and then they told me that I would have to cough 240,000 more miles. And you know what, that new flight might not get approved either.

Yeah, because they didn't cancel the flight because there was going to be the Rugby team on it. They just happened to have that flight booked because it was a date by which all Rugby competition at the Olympic Games would have concluded. So there is nothing to read into it.

KLM stopped selling flights to Buenos Aires, so there is a fair chance that they will be able to actually rebook their stranded passengers. Actually, my travel agent proposed me to get a refund for the return ticket and buy one on the next day (always KLM) or for July 13 (always KLM) but they were very expensive and I am in no hurry. I just want to go back at no extra cost. One more month of European summer... who's complaining?!

I think KLM expects that after August 6 the Government will extend the current restrictions and will authorise the same flights they have authorised with the current DNU, hence the alternatives I was offered.

Yeah everything totally normal. Olympic team stranded in Tokio. Being forced to stay extra month(s) abroad. And airlines only guessing that flights might happen but not getting any approval until a few days before the flight date.

Back