Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

So they told you the flights were NOT cancelled and then they said the WERE cancelled? if they were cancelled why don't they reroute your Mother-in-law via Miami?

Sorry for the confusion. I was on the phone with American Airlines as I was typing it. They CONFIRMED that ALL flights to DFW are cancelled until September 2. They said ALL flights to Miami are sold out until September 3.

She needs to get out before then so I just booked Avianca to Miami via Bogota. She is leaving next week.

Sorry for the confusion. I was on the phone with American Airlines as I was typing it. They CONFIRMED that ALL flights to DFW are cancelled until September 2. They said ALL flights to Miami are sold out until September 3.

She needs to get out before then so I just booked Avianca to Miami via Bogota. She is leaving next week.

Do you know how far in advance the government has approved flights?

No, unfortunately I haven't got a clue. I've planned and cancelled 3 trips to Buenos Aires over the past 1.5 years. Things don't sound too pleasant there. Although I have permanent residency and will have no problems entering, it just doesn't sound like the BA I know with many things closed early. I will hold out and see how things are later this year. I haven't followed too many things there locally since I don't have plans of going there.

I REALLY miss Buenos Aires but will wait until things get easier. My biggest fear is getting stuck there with limited flights, etc.

From one DNU to the next I expect. So two weeks out max.

if I were to book a flight to or from Argentina, I’d check Sir Chandler to see which airlines have which days of the week authorised now, and then book a flight on a previously authorised day of the week for whenever. Goes for incoming and outgoing flights.

From one DNU to the next I expect. So two weeks out max.

if I were to book a flight to or from Argentina, I’d check Sir Chandler to see which airlines have which days of the week authorised now, and then book a flight on a previously authorised day of the week for whenever. Goes for incoming and outgoing flights.

What's Sir Chandler?

AA said that flights are NOW operating to DFW but that is not reflected on the aviacion website

An amazing blogger that saved me on an occasion or two with his up to date info on travel

he is okay but he does fill his blog with lot's of useless fluff.
Might try this one as well:

It's not clear that flights to DFW will start up anytime soon. The first open flight to the US via Miami, as of yesterday, was 9 September. Seems wiser to delay until then rather than risk more cancellations on phantom flights to DFW.

It's not clear that flights to DFW will start up anytime soon. The first open flight to the US via Miami, as of yesterday, was 9 September. Seems wiser to delay until then rather than risk more cancellations on phantom flights to DFW.
AA are blocking seats until the last minute so it's not certain you have to wait till September 9. I did a quick search there are PLENTY of seats before....
Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 7.40.41 AM.png

Back