Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

You have my positive thoughts and prayers. I'm confused now about exactly when your flight was supposed to have left. Did they give you another night's hotel?
I don’t blame you for being confused. Good news is I’m on the way now. Bit the bullet and bought inflight wifi so I could get some work done.

flight was originally scheduled for 10:00 pm Saturday
Got delayed until 2 am Sunday. Boarded Sunday 2 AM and sat on the tarmac until 5 AM Sunday when they told us we were going back to the gate and the flight was delayed until 8 PM Sunday. At noon on Sunday they delayed until 10 PM and then 2 AM Monday. At 1 AM Monday the Arg government said they can’t have two flights with the same flight number (AA931 leaves daily from Miami to BA) so they scrambled and printed everyone new tickets with a new flight number. Supposedly all was good just an administrative thing and we were going to take off at 3 AM. At 2 AM they announced the flight was delayed until noon Monday. All the Argies were screaming “Chorros”. Got there for the noon flight, boarded a bit late but we are supposedly all approved and everything. Next we pull back from the gate and 10 minutes later they say we have to go back to the gate because the catering company gave them drink carts that were too big and Can’t be stored. Fixed that and back on the tarmac when the pilot gets on and says “Ladies and gentelman I’m sorry to say your nightmare continues”. The Arg government said they had already reached the daily limit of passenger arrivals for Monday and we needed to wait on the tarmac for an hour more so that we arrive after midnight when the limit resets. So we waited with the engines off so as not to waste fuel. Then we took off and now are on the way. Many Argies are worried because their COVID tests are technically expired. AA says it’s all good they spoke with the government but obviously AA has no control over what the government does. So all the Argies are saying once we land in Argentina, we’ll riot if they don’t let us in (justifiably). I got a rapid PCR done yesterday anyway because I know beating bureaucracy Is all about having more paperwork than the beaurocrats.

All Dallas AA to Eze flight have been suspended. I’d not even bother trying. I’d your flight isn’t aa to Miami, I wouldn’t bother.
What about NYC?
my bf just changed his DFW flight to NYC on Oct 1.
I’m not an Argentine and was hoping to change mine from NYC for Dec 1. Any ideas if I’ll be able to enter by then?

I don’t blame you for being confused. Good news is I’m on the way now. Bit the bullet and bought inflight wifi so I could get some work done.

Got delayed until 2 am Sunday. Boarded Sunday 2 AM and sat on the tarmac until 5 AM Sunday when they told us we were going back to the gate and the flight was delayed until 8 PM Sunday. At noon on Sunday they delayed until 10 PM and then 2 AM Monday. At 1 AM Monday the Arg government said they can’t have two flights with the same flight number (AA931 leaves daily from Miami to BA) so they scrambled and printed everyone new tickets with a new flight number. Supposedly all was good just an administrative thing and we were going to take off at 3 AM. At 2 AM they announced the flight was delayed until noon Monday. All the Argies were screaming “Chorros”. Got there for the noon flight, boarded a bit late but we are supposedly all approved and everything. Next we pull back from the gate and 10 minutes later they say we have to go back to the gate because the catering company gave them drink carts that were too big and Can’t be stored. Fixed that and back on the tarmac when the pilot gets on and says “Ladies and gentelman I’m sorry to say your nightmare continues”. The Arg government said they had already reached the daily limit of passenger arrivals for Monday and we needed to wait on the tarmac for an hour more so that we arrive after midnight when the limit resets. So we waited with the engines off so as not to waste fuel. Then we took off and now are on the way. Many Argies are worried because their COVID tests are technically expired. AA says it’s all good they spoke with the government but obviously AA has no control over what the government does. So all the Argies are saying once we land in Argentina, we’ll riot if they don’t let us in (justifiably). I got a rapid PCR done yesterday anyway because I know beating bureaucracy Is all about having more paperwork than the beaurocrats.
So things are operating as per normal in Argentina lol... This is what happens when you let politicians try and handle logistics.

You must be exhausted! Keep us informed.

What about NYC?
my bf just changed his DFW flight to NYC on Oct 1.
I’m not an Argentine and was hoping to change mine from NYC for Dec 1. Any ideas if I’ll be able to enter by then?

December is still pretty far away. But JFK to EZE isn't getting approved frequently.

Thanks for the link. I’ll keep checking. Maybe it’s a certain day of the week consistently. Cheers.
I would suggest picking one of the days of the week that have been approved until now, and booking for that day.

I would suggest picking one of the days of the week that have been approved until now, and booking for that day.

That's a sound advice. KLM did that for me, and rescheduled me for the first flight in September that has been consistently approved in August. I feel fairly confident that I am going to fly home for real.

Back