Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

Today they announced, effective immediately, NO quarantine on arrival for ALL Argentines and residents who are fully vaccinated.

There is some confusion at EZE because they did not tell the sanitary staff before implementing the measure - so the staff have been tell all arrivals who live in PBA they must still quarantine at a hotel. It is a mess.

How long ahead of time do I need to be at Ezeiza airport before an international flight takes off these days?

How long ahead of time do I need to be at Ezeiza airport before an international flight takes off these days?
10 - How long in advance do I have to arrive at the airport?

We suggest you arrive at the airport at least 4 hours in advance for international flights, 2 hours and 30 minutes for domestic flights. Consult your company for the times and documentation required, depending on the destination of your trip.

I'm not sure if anything has changed since I was there but you won't be allowed into the terminal until it's time to check in, lots of standing around outside involved. Once inside things seem relatively normal. No shuttle buses to the various car parks, so plan to walk if you want to leave your car there (the long-term car park is working, though it's on the other side of the airport to the terminal).

Edited to add that Aerolineas is not quite so conservative:

airport.jpg

So 3-4 hours before the flight would be ok.

28 Sept 2021 at 12:10pm by María Julieta Rumi
Airline uncertainty two days before new rules go into effect: what will happen to flights in October? Aerolineas Argentinas announced an increase in its flights, but ANAC claims that they would not be approved because the new Administrative Decision establishing the passenger quota has not yet been signed....According to sources from the flag carrier, as of October 4 there will be four weekly flights to Madrid (previously three), nine to Miami (previously seven), three to New York (previously two), three to Bogota (one), three to Lima (previously two), two to Sao Paulo (previously one) and two to Santiago (one).

Since yesterday there are two weekly flights to Asunción (previously the company had one) and Santa Cruz de la Sierra is operating again with one flight this week and two from next week. Uruguay is operating with two weekly flights to Montevideo and Punta del Este. On the other hand, they clarified that they will no longer publish the list of flights on the web because there is no rescheduling due to cancellation. However, ANAC sources said that these flights would not be approved yet because the new administrative decision has not been signed.

On the other hand, representatives of the Argentine Chamber of Airlines (Jurca) stated that they have no news of any changes in the future, nor are there any approved flights. "If we have to wait until the new administrative decision is signed, then we will have nothing tangible until then with the difficulties that this implies for both airlines and passengers," end of statement....This means that, since October 1, it is not known how the quota will continue, although the sector's expectation was that it would increase in view of the opening of borders announced for November 1.

In addition, last week, the national Director of Migrations, Florencia Carignano, assured that flights would soon increase considerably when 50% of the population vaccinated with two doses is reached (currently at 47%). The reason is that with this number, the test will no longer be required when entering the country and there will no longer be a limit to the processing of this information. "What conditions the number of flights are the safe corridors and the testing capacity of the laboratories. With 50%, the antigen test requirement will be eliminated and this will increase the number of flights," said Carignano in a conversation with LA NACION. When asked about the date when 50% of the inoculated population would be reached, she said they are a few days away, although there is room to continue increasing the quotas. "Today the quota is 2300 passengers plus 600 who can enter on special flights and 1700 people are arriving per day", she explained.

28 Sept 2021 at 2:22pm
Florencia Carignano: "Some people insult me, but I don't make decisions". The Director of Migration rejected questions about the frequency of flights arriving in Argentina, arguing that it is determined by the Ministry of Health, and indicated when arrivals to the country could be increased....
"I am not a physician and I have to trust the health authority, here we close borders like all countries", warned the national official, in an interview with María Laura Santillán on La Mañana de CNN (CNN Radio).

Carignano explained that the health ministry's provision requiring an antigen test to be carried out at authorized airports prevents an increase in the number of flights. "Minister Carla Vizzotti has to say that we have reached a vaccination level, which may be higher than 50%, and the antigen is no longer required," she explained. For the moment, in order to avoid the accumulation of passengers, the number of arriving flights was limited. "I want to reopen borders, it is a terrible wear and tear, you can't think that it is done on purpose because we are crazy," complained the national official...."They insult and belittle me, but I am not the one who makes the decisions, in fact the national direction of Migrations does not even sign the administrative resolutions," Carignano explained.

Which are the airports authorized for arriving in Argentina?
Florencia Carignano explained that the arrival of tourists from any part of the world is currently allowed, although only through authorized airports. These are those located in Ezeiza, City of BA, Puerto Iguazú, Mendoza, Córdoba, to which are added the terminals of Buquebus and Colonia Express by sea. "They will not be able to enter by any other means but through the authorized safe corridors, with testing centers and protocols", explained the official, who informed that pilot tests will be started in La Quiaca (Jujuy) and Entre Ríos, where the border crossings will be considered as a "bubble". She also warned that it is up to the jurisdictions to request the reopening. "The governor of Corrientes (Gustavo Valdés) wants to enable the land crossing but has not yet presented anything," she remarked.

Currently, in order to enter the country, the authorities require a vaccination certificate with a complete vaccination schedule, a PCR test and an antigen test performed on site. Resident Argentines and foreigners arriving for work reasons are not obliged to undergo quarantine if they comply with these requirements, unless any of the tests show a positive result.

28 Sept 2021 at 2:22pm
Florencia Carignano: "Some people insult me, but I don't make decisions". The Director of Migration rejected questions about the frequency of flights arriving in Argentina, arguing that it is determined by the Ministry of Health, and indicated when arrivals to the country could be increased....
"I am not a physician and I have to trust the health authority, here we close borders like all countries", warned the national official, in an interview with María Laura Santillán on La Mañana de CNN (CNN Radio).

Carignano explained that the health ministry's provision requiring an antigen test to be carried out at authorized airports prevents an increase in the number of flights. "Minister Carla Vizzotti has to say that we have reached a vaccination level, which may be higher than 50%, and the antigen is no longer required," she explained. For the moment, in order to avoid the accumulation of passengers, the number of arriving flights was limited. "I want to reopen borders, it is a terrible wear and tear, you can't think that it is done on purpose because we are crazy," complained the national official...."They insult and belittle me, but I am not the one who makes the decisions, in fact the national direction of Migrations does not even sign the administrative resolutions," Carignano explained.

Which are the airports authorized for arriving in Argentina?
Florencia Carignano explained that the arrival of tourists from any part of the world is currently allowed, although only through authorized airports. These are those located in Ezeiza, City of BA, Puerto Iguazú, Mendoza, Córdoba, to which are added the terminals of Buquebus and Colonia Express by sea. "They will not be able to enter by any other means but through the authorized safe corridors, with testing centers and protocols", explained the official, who informed that pilot tests will be started in La Quiaca (Jujuy) and Entre Ríos, where the border crossings will be considered as a "bubble". She also warned that it is up to the jurisdictions to request the reopening. "The governor of Corrientes (Gustavo Valdés) wants to enable the land crossing but has not yet presented anything," she remarked.

Currently, in order to enter the country, the authorities require a vaccination certificate with a complete vaccination schedule, a PCR test and an antigen test performed on site. Resident Argentines and foreigners arriving for work reasons are not obliged to undergo quarantine if they comply with these requirements, unless any of the tests show a positive result.

Flor Carignano is likely the biggest K militante. She would chop off her right hand and give it to CFK if she asked for it. That being said she has been a good administrator of Migraciones and quite involved in her work unlike the previous guy appointed by Macri, who was horrible. But still she is a K militante....

I still don't know if I can leave the country or not on Sunday, this is driving me insane. These people are crazy!!!

Back