Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

ENGLISH

Aerolineas Argentinas to normalize its International flights and brings forward its return to the Caribbean

Following the elimination of entry quotas to the country, the Argentine state-owned airline announced the scheduling of its regional and international flights in the coming months.

The weekly entry quota will be eliminated as of October 19, allowing airlines to schedule according to demand. In addition, as of October 1, citizens and residents of neighboring countries (Chile, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, and Uruguay) who are fully vaccinated will be allowed to enter the country through the “safe corridors”.

To this effect, Aerolíneas Argentinas announced that there will be a greater focus on Latin American inbound tourism, and consequently will increase its frequencies to such neighboring countries as from the end of October and beginning of November.

On the other hand, the Argentine government established through Administrative Decision 951/2021 that as from November 1 all foreigners worldwide will be able to enter the country with the full immunization plan.

Detail of each destination

To view the entire table, place the cell phone in a horizontal position.

RoutesOctober frequenciesNovember frequenciesDecember frequenciesJanuary frequencies
Buenos Aires (Aeroparque) – Asunción (ASU)2 weekly flights2 weekly flights2 weekly flights2 weekly flights
Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) – Bogotá (BOG)1 weekly flight3 weekly flights3 weekly flights3 weekly flights
Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) – Cancún (CUN)no flightsno flights3 weekly flights3 weekly flights
Buenos Aires (Aeroparque) – Lima (LIM)no flights3 weekly flights3 weekly flights3 weekly flights
Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) – Madrid (MAD)4 weekly flights4 weekly flights4 weekly flights4 weekly flights
Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) – Miami (MIA)1 daily flight9 weekly flights9 weekly flights9 weekly flights
Buenos Aires (Aeroparque) – Montevideo (MVD)2 weekly flights1 daily flight1 daily flight1 daily flight
Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) – Nueva York (JFK)2 weekly flights 3 weekly flights 3 weekly flights 3 weekly flights
Buenos Aires (Aeroparque) – Punta del Este (PDP)2 weekly flights1 daily flight1 daily flight1 daily flight
Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) – Punta Cana (PUJ)no flightsno flightsno flights3 weekly flights
Buenos Aires (Aeroparque) – Río de Janeiro/Galeao (GIG)2 weekly flights 3 weekly flights 3 weekly flights 3 weekly flights
Buenos Aires (Aeroparque) – San Pablo/Guarulhos (GRU)1 daily flight2 daily flights2 daily flights2 daily flights
Buenos Aires (Aeroparque) – Santa Cruz de la Sierra (VVI)1 weekly flight2 weekly flights2 weekly flights2 weekly flights
Buenos Aires (Aeroparque) – Santiago de Chile (SCL)1 daily flight2 weekly flights2 weekly flights2 weekly flights
Seat offer from November to January 2022.
To view the entire table, place the cell phone in a horizontal position.

DestinationFleetsAvailable seats from Nov 2021 to Jan 2022
San Pablo/Guarulhos (GRU)Boeing 737-80062.560
Miami (MIA)Airbus A330-20062.540
Santiago de Chile (SCL)ERJ 190 / B737-70041.216
Madrid (MAD)Airbus A330-20028.090
Nueva York (JFK)Airbus A330-20020.670
Bogotá (BOG)Airbus A330-20020.140
Montevideo (MVD)ERJ 19017.664
Punta del Este (PDP)ERJ 19017.664
Lima (LIM)Boeing 737-70013.184
Punta Cana (PUJ)Airbus A330-2006.890
Río de Janeiro (GIG)Boeing 737-8004.420
Asunción (ASU)Boeing 737-7002.340
Santa Cruz de la Sierra (VVI)ERJ 1901.764

Therefore, the company will increase its operations to the United States, as well as it will bring forward the start of its flights to Cancun (CUN) in Mexico to December 2021 and, in January 2022, to Punta Cana (PUJ) in the Dominican Republic.

«We are putting a good number of flights from Brazil, Chile, Colombia or Peru, for example, because they are markets that are always willing to visit Argentina. Inbound tourism is fundamental for the country’s economy: it creates new jobs and provides an important share of the foreign currency that the country needs so much,» said Pablo Ceriani, President of Aerolíneas Argentinas.

Good for them now that the gov has crushed any competition.

I'll enjoy my miga/cereal bar and die if thirst while the hostesses gossip in the jump seats. Bring your own water.

If anyone has a link to requirements for entry to Argentine (for non citizens / residents) let me know. I'm trying to find out if they are requiring proof of health insurance that covers Covid. Thanks.

The UK has taken Argentina off the "red list". No quarantine will be required for fully vaccinated travellers unless the traveller has been vaccinated with a non-approved vaccine such as Spunik or Sinopharm.

The UK has taken Argentina off the "red list". No quarantine will be required for fully vaccinated travellers unless the traveller has been vaccinated with a non-approved vaccine such as Spunik or Sinopharm.
Is it clear how we demonstrate to the immigration authorities on arrival that we have full vaccination with an approved vaccine? It seems to me, we have to convince firstly an airline that our little piece of cardboard paper in Spanish from the Ministry of Health is real, and then a border official.

If anyone has a link to requirements for entry to Argentine (for non citizens / residents) let me know. I'm trying to find out if they are requiring proof of health insurance that covers Covid. Thanks.
Best places I have found to look are:

and

Sherpa lets you put in your travel dates, origin, connections, fully vaxxed or not, what country your passport is from, etc.

(Currently both links state you need COVID health insurance)

Best places I have found to look are:

and

Sherpa lets you put in your travel dates, origin, connections, fully vaxxed or not, what country your passport is from, etc.

(Currently both links state you need COVID health insurance)
First link only applies to travel prior to opening to tourism. I have a feeling that immigration will not be fussy about health insurance

Back