Relocating To Salta, Cordoba Or San Luis

Valergal, I live in Salta, and I am not sure why extreme weather would be a concern unless you are thinking of living in the Altiplano. The suburban areas around Salta Capital are much more mild climate-wise than BA (not to mention Canada) and would seem to fit all of your criteria. Same could be said of most of the low valley areas like Valle de Lerma.

That said, San Luis and Córdoba are gorgeous too...

I always find it useful to hear from people who actually have first hand and in depth knowledge of a place (i.e., you live there vs. someone who visited for a few days 10 years ago). If you don't mind, I'll send you a provate message to ask you a few quesitons about Salta. Thank you!

San Juan is nice....it's been some years since I've been there but it's not very large from what I remember. Salta is very nice....it's where my wife and I honeymooned for 3 days....I like Salta and "Las Empanadas Salteñas" with the spicy chimi style "aji" dipping sauce....delicious. They sell them on the streets, they are great... if you go try some. Salta is fairly mild, kinda tropical from what I remember as it's not as high in eleveation. But if you visit some of the outlying towns, especially up towards the "alto-plano" like "El Valle Calchequies" where their can be some drastic changes in elevation....it's quite different.

When we went in Salta it was July, like a balmy 22-23 degrees C. About 2 hours later after we arrived in "Payogasta" which is a little adobe andean town in near Cachi" in the alto-plano it was like -3 LOL...but we were up at like...I dunno 8 thousand feet elevation up there from Salta.....it was freezing!! We wound our way up in the bus and up and up..just winding along these dusty mountain roads. On one side of the road a sheer vertical cliff or heavy incline, on the other side, a steep escarpment like 2 or 3 thousand feet down looked like...I mean WAY down and straight down!! Salta is very Andean and actually that whole section of Argentina smacks more of Chile or Bolivia then Argentina to me...it's very different in the north....MUCH more laid back, and less Lunfardo LOL..

My wife and I did some charity and missiones work up there back in the day...we still have some friends up there.

San Juan is nice....it's been some years since I've been there but it's not very large from what I remember. Salta is very nice....it's where my wife and I honeymooned for 3 days....I like Salta and "Las Empanadas Salteñas" with the spicy chimi style "aji" dipping sauce....delicious. They sell them on the streets, they are great... if you go try some. Salta is fairly mild, kinda tropical from what I remember as it's not as high in eleveation. But if you visit some of the outlying towns, especially up towards the "alto-plano" like "El Valle Calchequies" where their can be some drastic changes in elevation....it's quite different.

When we went in Salta it was July, like a balmy 22-23 degrees C. About 2 hours later after we arrived in "Payogasta" which is a little adobe andean town in near Cachi" in the alto-plano it was like -3 LOL...but we were up at like...I dunno 8 thousand feet elevation up there from Salta.....it was freezing!! We wound our way up in the bus and up and up..just winding along these dusty mountain roads. On one side of the road a sheer vertical cliff or heavy incline, on the other side, a steep escarpment like 2 or 3 thousand feet down looked like...I mean WAY down and straight down!! Salta is very Andean and actually that whole section of Argentina smacks more of Chile or Bolivia then Argentina to me...it's very different in the north....MUCH more laid back, and less Lunfardo LOL..

In summer, San Juan is a furnace. The area around Cachi is gorgeous all year, but this is a wet-summer/dry-winter climate, so the temperature drops precipitously at night when there is no cloud cover. During the daytime, though, it can be very pleasant even in winter.

In summer, San Juan is a furnace. The area around Cachi is gorgeous all year, but this is a wet-summer/dry-winter climate, so the temperature drops precipitously at night when there is no cloud cover. During the daytime, though, it can be very pleasant even in winter.

I was never there in San Juan during summer but I could only imagine. I stayed at "San Augustin del valle Fertile" for 4 nights while there after I visited San Juan....a fantastic place to visit....had "Locro" for the first time there. I remember the nightime especially in Payogasta being "freezing cold and windy" and I'm talking like below "0" cold. During the day it was chilly but not like at night.

It's so arid and dry there....really incredible place to visit.... folks live on tortillas and goat meat mainly "mutton"

Back