Renewing A Dni Para Extranjeros

el rubio

Registered
Has anyone succeeded in doing this?

I have been sent round in circles following advice on the Direccion Nacional de Migraciones website which says that this tramite can be done at any Registro Civil. The only way to start the procedure is to request an appointment on-line with your local registry but when I insert my DNI number a message appears saying that the service is available only to Argentine citizens.

Help!

Thanks stevinbsas. So you just walked into the registry and kicked off the procedure in person?

At the registry in Tigre (BsAs province) there is a big notice on the door telling everyone to make an on-line appointment.

In provincia it recently changed! You must get an appointment online now, or at least I know it does in Vicente Lopez. Look for your local registry online and try to get an appointment there.

Thanks stevinbsas. So you just walked into the registry and kicked off the procedure in person?

At the registry in Tigre (BsAs province) there is a big notice on the door telling everyone to make an on-line appointment.

Yes, I did it in person. I got in line (in October) about 30 minutes before the registry opened and got turno number 29 for the day...but that was over 600 KM from GBA.

Yes, I did it in person. I got in line (in October) about 30 minutes before the registry opened and got turno number 29 for the day...but that was over 600 KM from GBA.

It changed after that, or at least I know it did in Vicente Lopez. You have to get your turno online. I know this because a friend of mine just did it recently, and he showed up to do as you did and got turned away. Had to get a turno online. That might be the case where you are at though.

Thanks everyone for your help. So it looks like I'm stuck. Have to get the turno on-line but the website doesn't let you request a turno if you have an extranjeros DNI. Catch 22.

Has anyone been in this self-same position and somehow resolved the problem?

Have you tried talking to the people inside the registry in Tigre? They may be able to help you, either by giving you a turno, or helping you make an appointment.

I was able to get mine in the same manner as Steve (although I had to get up before the crack of dawn to join the queue if I was going to be seen that day - this was also in Provincia de Buenos Aires, although in Merlo, so not that far from Capital).

They told me it would take three months, and it took only four weeks to receive it.

Back