Reporting contact with an international fugitive in BA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bradlyhale said:
The other day my partner went to go pick up a money transfer at Xoom. He told me that there was a guy receiving some $5,000 USD who looked like he was living in the street and smelled like it too. My partner said he had an American accent went speaking Spanish, and practically begged for the folks at Xoom to release the funds. Apparently they were fussing about his documents. My partner didn't arrive early enough to hear his name or hear why his documentation was a problem.

I can't think of too many American-sounding folks who'd look/smell like they were living on the street and be receiving some $30,000 pesos... :confused:

Was he bald? If so, it was almost surely him.

It was at the Buenos Aires Xoom location. I showed my partner the picture posted by steveinbsas, and he said it wasn't him. Sorry for the false alarm, but it is interesting, nonetheless.

Thanks for clarifying.

As a precaution I spent this afternoon notifying Xoom. I have also provided them with his aliases so hopefully this will help in cut off his finances. I have engaged Dana and the Attorney General requesting guidance and have directed them to Xoom since I have confirmation that his mother previously wired him money using that financial service.

Now it's time to notify the Russian embassy here and update them about the fake Mike Nemetski passport. If anybody has updated AFIP let me know since it was mentioned earlier in the thread, if not I will do it tomorrow.

bradlyhale said:
The other day my partner went to go pick up a money transfer at Xoom. He told me that there was a guy receiving some $5,000 USD who looked like he was living in the street and smelled like it too. My partner said he had an American accent went speaking Spanish, and practically begged for the folks at Xoom to release the funds. Apparently they were fussing about his documents. My partner didn't arrive early enough to hear his name or hear why his documentation was a problem.

I can't think of too many American-sounding folks who'd look/smell like they were living on the street and be receiving some $30,000 pesos... :confused:

I think you guys are way off! Based on what I have read.....the 30k pesos sounds appropriate but I would expect this guy actually lives like a king. I have a friend who knows him well but won´t spill a bit of details...BTW.

So I am just left in curiousity!

Cordobese said:
I have a friend who knows him well but won´t spill a bit of details...BTW.

You must be kidding, right? I hope so, becauase if not, you are skating a slippery slope . . . . Not trying to be an a** or elict some thrashing back....

beastley said:
Thanks for clarifying.

since I have confirmation that his mother previously wired him money using that financial service.

His parents must be really ashamed of an idiot conman son like this. Has anyone tried sending his parents and family a link to this thread about all the cons this thief is still pulling?

Hey Steve, why are you so obsessed with this guy? Who cares. Lots of expats are working as freelance, in negro or starting business that they hire people and then after proving the business model, take it legal and move everyone to white. Why are you so obsessed? Are you that bored out in the boondocks where you live? Sounds like a paradise to me...can't you find some other hobby but this thread?

LostinBA said:
Hey Steve, why are you so obsessed with this guy? Who cares. Lots of expats are working as freelance, in negro or starting business that they hire people and then after proving the business model, take it legal and move everyone to white. Why are you so obsessed? Are you that bored out in the boondocks where you live? Sounds like a paradise to me...can't you find some other hobby but this thread?

Didnt you read the thread? This guy did more then just some monkey business out of the white - he did jump turnstiles as well! (as well as being a criminal on the run with a fake identity).

Thank you, steve, for bringing this thread up and warning others who might otherwise fall for this guy's scams. Much more people like you are needed in this place to stop all the crookery...

Lobo Marino said:
Didnt you read the thread? This guy did more then just some monkey business out of the white - he did jump turnstiles as well! (as well as being a criminal on the run with a fake identity).

Thank you, steve, for bringing this thread up and warning others who might otherwise fall for this guy's scams. Much more people like you are needed in this place to stop all the crookery...

I jumped some turnstiles too back in my teens. Should the police come after me? I searched through this thread but I can't find a description of the criminal behavior of this guy save from some cheap douchebag stuff like borrowing money and taking a tasteless facebook photo. Heck, if those things we're crimes, millions would be locked up already. What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back