Residencia Help! 3 Yrs Here & Cant Find Way To Be Permanent

Please help guys! I have been here 3 years and have a temporary DNI which expires in March of 2015. My job ends in December and I go to USA to visit my family whom I havent seen in3yrs for a month. i was told that without a work contract I cannot apply for permanent residency. Does anyone know if an immigration lawyer who could help or a way around this? can I claim I am rentista and can support myself. i dont want to throw away those 3 years I have here and want desperately to get my permanent status. Any help would be most appreaciated!
rentista income requirement is $2,200 USD as of 2 months ago when I started my res application process.

rentista income requirement is $2,200 USD as of 2 months ago when I started my res application process.

Wish there was a way to REPLACE the old post with the new most recent update (so no one would refer to that outdated post).

It´s $8000 ARS, not $2200US.

Wish there was a way to replace the old post with the new most recent update (so no one would refer to an outdated post).

It´s $8000 ARS, not $2200US.

Are you sure?

Yes, the website still says $8000 pesos, but when the $8000 peso per month amount went into effect, the peso and dollar ratio was about 4 to 1 and that's migraciones started asking for evidence of monthly income equivalent of $2000 USD .

Migraciones has the power to require proof "that the amount of income that is sufficient to provide for their maintenance and their primary family group."

If they are now accepting the foreign equivalent of $8000 peso per month for the visa rentista or pensionado, are they fully discharging their duty to require a sufficient level of income for the foreigner to provide for his or her own maintenance, let alone their family group?

As BSP posted:

She is awesome!

No,No...Don't comment like that, you will be catalogued as sexist and demeaning too...

And pretty soon this may have to follow in order to make it up..

apologize or not when I had done nothing wrong was a demeaning task

Everything I've read indicates that a student temp visa cannot become permanent, but a resident visa based on work can...on the third renewal.

Of course the "catch" may be having a (new) work contract to present for the third renewal. If that's the case it might be possible to find a sympathetic expat who has a business that can hire foreigners to "help" out, even if the new "job" only lasts long enough to qualify for the permanent residency.

PS: I would not think it sexist if a very attractive woman approached me and said, "Hey handsome, I hear you have permanent residency and you're lookin' to get hitched."

I'd just say, "Saddle up."
emo32.gif

Yes the problem with student residency is that you have to prove that you are going to finish the career not just a few classes and also will involve taking classes like Argentine History.

Are you sure?
Yes, the website still says $8000 pesos, but ...

Agree the Dollar has changed drastically from less than 4 to almost 16. ($8000 pesos today is only worth $500 USD)

But, if the government says $8000 pesos, .... $8000 pesos it is.
If they say $600 pesos for immigration fee, .... $600 pesos it is. (It has been $600 pesos for ages, ... since way before the Dollar was below $4 pesos)
etc etc ... lots of stuff have not changed to keep up with the Dollar.

If it´s IMMIGRATION OFFICER DISCRETION: He will evaluate what is the Minimum on individual bases, then that will supersede the $8000 pesos specification. $8000 pesos will have no meaning now and wouldn´t have had any meaning when the Dollar was 4 pesos.

Agree the Dollar has changed drastically from less than 4 to almost 16.

But, if the government says $8000 pesos, .... $8000 pesos it is. ... I don´t question their economics.
If they say $600 pesos for immigration fee, .... $600 pesos it is. (It has been $600 pesos for ages, ... since way before the Dollar was below $4 pesos)

etc etc ... lots of stuff have not changed to keep up with the Dollar.

It´s not up to me to understand why they do, lots of the weird things they do.

There is no disputing the fact that the folks at migraciones cannot charge more than $600 pesos for the immigration fee, but I don't think they are bound to grant residency to anyone who meets the "stated" $8000 peso monthly income requirement.

As I wrote in my previous post, quoting the migraciones website (in English), the foreigner must prove "that the amount of income that is sufficient to provide for their maintenance and their primary family group (while living in Argentina)."

I certainly would not want to go to migraciones and wave "the law" in their faces. Perhaps this is one time an immigration lawyer could accomplish what an individual foreigner could not. Perhaps one of them will comment on this, but I hope it wouldn't be in order to suck in a client with false hope. I would be happy to know that those who wish to can still get a visa with such a low foreign income, but they would undoubtedly have to supplement in Argentina by working.

This reminds me of an old thread which was started by a man who was considering moving to Argentina with a family of eleven (including two adult children). He claimed to be at "the top of the food chain" but could you imagine him (or even a couple without any children) coming now and expecting to be granted residency based on a foreign income of $8000 pesos (less than $1000 USD) per month? (If I understand correctly, only the head of the household has to qualify for the visa.)

Anyone who is interested can read about it here:

Hello! ...and a thousand questions about moving to BA

There is no disputing the fact that the folks at migraciones cannot charge more than $600 pesos for the immigration fee, but I don't think they are bound to grant residency to anyone who meets the "stated" $8000 peso monthly income requirement.

If it´s IMMIGRATION OFFICER DISCRETION: He will evaluate what is the Minimum on individual bases, then that will supersede the $8000 pesos specification. $8000 pesos specification will have no meaning now and wouldn´t have had any meaning when the Dollar was 4 pesos.

No?

Back