Residencia Help! 3 Yrs Here & Cant Find Way To Be Permanent

I just came back from Retiro, and have good news for RENTISTA seekers.

IT¨S A BONANZA OUT THERE.
HURRY UP AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A UNIQUE ANOMALY THAT MIGHT NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.
HURRY .. HURRY .. HURRY !!

I didn't see the words " IMMIGRATION OFFICER DISCRETION" in the information regarding temporary residency requirements on the migraciones website. I believe that exp<b></b>ression applies to border agents allowing or denying entry into Argentina, not the immigration officials deciding whether or not to grant residency.
I also use the descriptive words ¨perma-tourist¨ and ¨fake tourist¨ to drive a point home, even if they are not found on the migraciones website.

Of course the $8000 pesos figure meant much more when the peso was 4 to 1 with the dollar. it meant that migraciones was requiring a monthly foreign income of about $2000 USD. Everyone knows the cost of living in Argentina has increased dramatically in the past three years. The $8000 figure may still be there, but the key phrase in the regulations/decree is that the foreigner must prove "that the amount of income that is sufficient to provide for their maintenance and their primary family group" (while living in Argentina).
They didn´t ask .me if I have kids, or how many, if I´m married or divorced, or cost of living, ... nothing of the sort.
They have no DISCRETION on the $8000, .. they have no opinion, they don´t estimate or evaluate what it SHOULD be on an individual basis . They have to verify if the source is acceptable, if it´s laundry, ... etc

Unless/until someone who recently was granted a visa rentista or pensionado can "attest" that it is still possible for an individual to obtain temporary residency with a foreign income equivalent to $800 pesos per month, anyone who is "planning" on applying for a rentista or pensionado visa would be well advised not to go to all the trouble of getting their documents together an/or moving to Argentina unless they have a foreign income equivalent to the amount of $2200 USD per month.
Rentistas: go in person and ask the Immigration Officer (¨HIM/HERSELF¨, not the information desk clerk).
Catch him nicely when he is fooling around, and not busy. ...... 2 of them answered me, $8000 pesos firm. no ifs, no buts ....
Hard to believe but .... IT¨S TRUE.

PS: I know one expat who recently obtained citizenship took that route because her retirement (US Social Security) income was well below the $2000per month level and could not get a visa pensionado as a result.
I personally know some one who obtained Pensionado Residency for a little less $1100 USD, .. it is ME:

Well, at last we actually have an answer to the question I asked a month ago:

Is A Huge Income Increase For The Visa Rentista Longoverdue?

PS to khairyexpat: When I asked if you edited your post while I was writing my reply I wasn't accusing you of anything, I just wondered of I missed the last line when I quoted it. I had not seen it when I started writing and my reply would have not been quite the same if I had seen it first. I frequently edit posts immediately after making them, usually to correct spelling errors, but often to add content. I don't start feuds with anyone, but I do have an troll that is obsessed with me and frequently makes irrelevant and occasionally insulting replies to my posts. As far as I'm concerned, it's a one-sided war.

Well, at last we actually have an answer to the question I asked a month ago:

Is A Huge Income Increase For The Visa Rentista Longoverdue?

PS to khairyexpat: When I asked if you edited your post while I was writing my reply I wasn't accusing you of anything, I just wondered of I missed the last line when I quoted it. I had not seen it when I started writing and my reply would have not been quite the same if I had seen it first. I frequently edit posts immediately after making them, usually to correct spelling errors, but often to add content. I don't start feuds with anyone, but I do have an troll that is obsessed with me and frequently makes irrelevant and occasionally insulting replies to my posts. As far as I'm concerned, it's a one-sided war.

Steve:

I apologize I hastily over reacted.

I appreciate your generosity with your time and knowledge and your valuable contributions to this forum to help others. Without your famous pioneer thread on the subject, I´d have been a permaTourist still looking for how to renew my Canadian Driver License after 10 years.

My sincerest apology, I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration, ... I learned a lot from you, .... less than a year ago I KNEW NOTHING OF THIS STUFF !!!!!!!
I would not miss the opportunity to give a special thanks to @kettle. His knowledge is outstanding professional. Generous and forth coming with meticulously detailed and accurate contributions to everyone.

Helping one another is a gracious satisfying feeling.

You are the better man for it.

Helping others is a gracious satisfying feeling.

I find helping others (especially regarding dealing with migraciones and living in Argentina) extremely satisfying.

If that makes it sound like helping others has a selfish motive I won't argue.

In that case, everyone benefits.
emo32.gif

PS: I haven't has to deal with migraciones in four years but I try to read everything I can about it in the forum. I remember when the previous income requirement for the visa rentisa was raised to $8000 pesos per month without any warning and that was when the peso to dollar rate had only gone from just over 3 to 1 to 4 to 1. Now that it's officially about 8.5 to 1, could another increase be far off?

And I wonder why "immigration lawyers" have been telling clients they need to show a much higher level to qualify for the visa.

... could another increase be far off?

NO DOUBT THIS ANOMALY WILL BE CORRECTED. ARBITRAGE !!!! BIG CRACK IN THE WALLS. Can´t last forever.

Ridiculous, ... but TRUE .... Firm $8000 pesos ..... worth only $500 USD.
Any Rentista out there may never see a better day, or a better chance.

Following the above, has anyone recently changed categories from temporary to permanent and do you know what documentation is required? I have a temporary visa rentista (renewed and approved last time in Jan 2014 with a passive income of ARS 8000) and can apply for a permanent one in Jan 2015. Last time the immigration officer told me I would have to show the same documentation as for the renewal of the temporary visa but on the official website it doesn’t say that you need to show an income for the permanent visa. Just curious as it is not clear when the required amount may go up and my life would be a lot easier if I don’t have to show it again.

I just went through that process and had to show all the same documentation as I had to for my third temporary year. But hopefully this was the last time. I think in every case it would also depend on what dates are shown on the lease you are using to show income, to prove that it is still a valid income source.
I believe the reccomendations regarding rentista income are preventive, because leases here in ARG are usually two years and there's a concern that the required income will be raised at any time. Also because someone at immigration could decide to make an issue about it, that could create problems, even though they may not ultimately be legally winnable..obviously the "tighter" your case is the less you have to worry about. Remember you can apply two months prior to the renewal/end date on your current DNI.

Thanks lacoqueta. The end date of my current visa is March so I need to wait till January. Also I still have room to move but all depends on how much the required income may increase. Also congratulations on getting permanent residency.

I have printed my SS pension amount proof, it says Iam getting US$2250 per month. So is this figure enough to satisfy if I need to present to the Argie guvnmnt to apply for my provisional residence status?

Back