Residencia Rentista Renewal

TruchoTango

Registered
I just got back from Migraciones en Retiro.

To renew my Residencia Rentista, I need:

A- Proof of 30.000 pesos in passive income per month (notorized and apostilled by a professional in the US);

B- Proof of Antecedentes Argentinas;

C- Passport and DNI with copies of both; and

D- Argentine bank account, with proof of a deposit and a withdrawal.

"D" is new for me. When I got the Residencia Rentista initially, this was not required.

I have heard bad things about having a bank account in Argentina. Perhaps my sources are too pessimistic.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know this is a simple matter, so my question is regarding which bank is easiest, asks the fewest questions, etc...

Thanks.

I just got back from Migraciones en Retiro.

To renew my Residencia Rentista, I need:

A- Proof of 30.000 pesos in passive income per month (notorized and apostilled by a professional in the US);

B- Proof of Antecedentes Argentinas;

C- Passport and DNI with copies of both; and

D- Argentine bank account, with proof of a deposit and a withdrawal.

"D" is new for me. When I got the Residencia Rentista initially, this was not required.

I have heard bad things about having a bank account in Argentina. Perhaps my sources are too pessimistic.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know this is a simple matter, so my question is regarding which bank is easiest, asks the fewest questions, etc...

Thanks.

I suggest you try Banco Patagonia if there is a branch close to you. Last year I opened an account at a local branch and it was relatively easy. I used the same "documentation" of my foreign income that I used to get my visa rentista/pensionado. They also asked for the last two "pay stubs" and I provided the last two bank statements that showed the deposits to my US account. I also had to provide a utility bill in my name. They did not ask for a certificado de domicilio.

PS: Migraciones has gone baxk and forth regarding the Argentine bank account. They are apparently asking for them now.
emo32.gif

Also depends where you're from. I went to several banks here at one point looking to open an account and NO ONE wanted to do it for a US citizen because of the reporting requirements (despite my permanent residency here). I gave up b/c it wasn't a requirement for me but it may not be as easy as you would hope.

TruchoTango
" Having a bank acc't in Argentina
I have had 2 bank acct,s here since 1990.One in USD and another in AR$.
During the "corralito" -having withdrawn most of my dollars beforehand -I only had about USD 200 "pesofied"
The USD acc't. was never closed.1n 2007 i deposited USD 250k in it which has never been tampered with in any way and this was all thru the K years..I replenish this acc't with USD 10K which I bring in on my person yearly and declare.I have never had any problem with this procedure in the last 5 yeras.The acc't. is with Citibank.I am a little concerned as Citi is in the orocess of selling their retail acct. business in Argentina,Brazil and Colombia.Nonetheless,if the Kirchneristas had won the election instead of Macri,I would be terrified.

I am going to schedule my appointment to renew my residencia rentista.

I am caught up in the field where it asks "Tipo De Tramite."

I don't see an obvious choice.

Does anyone with a residencia rentista remember what they selected for a turno for renewal?

Thanks.

ceviche.
As I mentioned in a previous posting,in 2007 I sold a plot in Nordelta for USD cash It was impossible wire out and I wasn't going to take it out on my person so I deposited it in my Citi dollar acc't.
I did refurbishing and other expenses until 2001 until I began to take back USD 10K yearly to have money for "a rainy day".
Axel K. (Cristiina's ex finance minister) declared war on Citibank over the default payments.Now, (this month) that Citi is selling their retail business in Argentina,Brazil and Colombia.I am greatly relieved that Macri gov't is in office with Scioli I would be terrified.

Our lawyer told us we should deposit 10,000 ARG (minimum) pesos every month, but it can be withdrawn immediately after. We could essentially use the same 10,000 pesos throughout the year and deposit/withdrawl etc. They said what the immigrations department wants to see is activity, not necessarily a huge amount.

Hope this helps!
Cristabel

Our lawyer told us we should deposit 10,000 ARG (minimum) pesos every month, but it can be withdrawn immediately after. We could essentially use the same 10,000 pesos throughout the year and deposit/withdrawl etc. They said what the immigrations department wants to see is activity, not necessarily a huge amount.

Hope this helps!
Cristabel

When I was renewing my rentista visa last year and year before, they only wanted to see proof that I had a bank account here, ie a bank statememt, but they didn't ask to see any proof of the deposits. All worked out fine and now have permanent residency.

Back