Residencia Rentista

TruchoTango

Registered
Ok Gang.

Tomorrow, I print my certificado de antecedentes argentinos, which I assure you will come up negative. I had to wait 5 days for it to be processed. Once printed, I will take all my documents to inmigraciones and pursue residencia rentista.

Does anyone have any last minute suggestions?

Gracias.

Be sure that everything that needs to be translated and legalized has been translated and legalized and take photocopies of everything, including all of the pages of your passport (including the blank ones).

Thanks Steve. You are a campeon.

Anyone have a fast, cheap official translator here in Capital?

Thanks Steve. You are a campeon.

Anyone have a fast, cheap official translator here in Capital?

I suggest you go to the website http://www.traductores.org.ar/ and search for translators closest to your location and start calling. That's how I fond translators in Recoleta and Belgrano. In both cases I used the first translator who answered their phone in person.

Cheap and fast may not go together, depending on the individual translator.

PS: Which document do you still need to have translated?

Also, do you have a turno at migaciones?

Thanks Steve.

So I have all the documents required. The only docs in english would be the fbi report, the apostille and the letter from my brokerage, indicating I receive above the required amount in passive income. Of those documents written in english, I am not sure which would need to be translated.

And at this point, I do not have a turno at migraciones. I was not aware I could get one for residencia rentista. But given by your question, I assume I can.

So I have all the documents required. The only docs in english would be the fbi report, the apostille and the letter from my brokerage, indicating I receive above the required amount in passive income. Of those documents written in english, I am not sure which would need to be translated.

They all need to be translated and legalized in Argentine and the letter from your brokerage must be notarized so it can also receive the Apostille (required).

It might be wise to have a brokerage statement (less than 60 days old) which shows the past two months income distributions to you. The letter from your brokerage should refer to it (i.e. be a cover letter for the statement).

And at this point, I do not have a turno at migraciones. I was not aware I could get one for residencia rentista. But given by your question, I assume I can.

You must have a tuno in order to present your documents. You can get it online.

Thanks Steve. And I take it I don't need the fbi report and apostille translated? Just the brokerage letter, right?

Thanks Steve. And I take it I don't need the fbi report and apostille translated? Just the brokerage letter, right?

They all need to be translated and legalized in Argentine and the letter from your brokerage must be notarized so it can also receive the Apostille (required).

All = everything in English, including he FBI report and it's Apostille/certification by the State Department.

If you include a brokerage statement with a cover letter from the brokerage, it will need to be translated as well so be sure to give it to the translator.

Thanks Steve. I did not see what you had written above in previous messages.

I got it all clear now.

Let me know when you come to BA. I owe you a lunch. Send a PM.

Hopefully your FBI check includes the seal and signature as well. If not, that's going be an issue. It should be on there, if you noted it would be used internationally when you requested it. You can get just the FBI report translated for now without the Apostille, but you will need to ultimately need the Apostille added later (unless they are feeling extraordinarily generous), which will take a few weeks minimum to turn around.

Back