Residency Approved, Now What?

ah, maybe that's why you've gotten your DNI more quickly, because it's being printed elsewhere. My residency got approved on November 20 and Im still waiting for the DNI to be printed.

ah, maybe that's why you've gotten your DNI more quickly, because it's being printed elsewhere. My residency got approved on November 20 and Im still waiting for the DNI to be printed.
That could be the reason. Also somebody wrote that migraciones has different priorities for processing the residencies (temporary vs. permanent) . Not sure if that is also the case for the DNI printing process. That could also be a reason why your DNI has not been printed, yet. Just a guess ...

http://baexpats.org/...es/page__st__60

#4.
PRECARIA + Passport = DNI
Instantly on the spot you get a PRECARIA until they mail your DNI when it's ready.
(Or instead of waiting for the mail, you can go pick it up yourself from RENAPER).
Instantly on the spot you can do anything & everything: (Driver License, Bank Account, Cross Borders, .. etc)

Recently, it´s been reported that RENAPER is backlogged and there is 3 month delay.
If you go to ..Hipólito Yrigoyen 952,... they might do something and send you to Jujuy 468 to pick it up.
It may be worth a try, ..... on the other hand, it might be useless if they require a turno .

http://baexpats.org/...es/page__st__60

#4.
PRECARIA + Passport = DNI
Instantly on the spot you get a PRECARIA until they mail your DNI when it's ready.
(Or instead of waiting for the mail, you can go pick it up yourself from RENAPER).
Instantly on the spot you can do anything & everything: (Driver License, Bank Account, Cross Borders, .. etc)

Recently, it´s been reported that RENAPER is backlogged and there is 3 month delay.
If you go to ..Hipólito Yrigoyen 952,... they might do something and send you to Jujuy 468 to pick it up.
It may be worth a try, ..... on the other hand, it might be useless if they require a turno .

I would make only one exception to the "you can do anything and everything" with precaria + DNI: you can't take your own car across the border legally until you have the DNI itself.

I would make only one exception to the "you can do anything and everything" with precaria + DNI: you can't take your own car across the border legally until you have the DNI itself.

Good to know. Thank you !

UPDATE: my last message about a month ago was that my DNI had been processed and emitted to the correo. Now a month later, I checked again and the status is "El DNI se encuentra en la oficina donde lo tramitó"

So Im assuming that means I have to go pick it up at some office. Any idea how I find out donde lo tramitó??

I read on the internet that my trámite had been resuelto on Feb 5, They tried to deliver my DNI two weeks later on the 19th but I wasn't at home and they left a notice with a tracking number for me to call to set up another delivery date. I did and it was delivered today. Maybe they tried to deliver yours and no one was there to give the notice to, so they changed your online status. I would guess that you have to go back to 1355 Antárdtida Argentina ,building C windows I or 2 at 8 AM.

If they don't have it, they can tell you where to go to pick it up.

All DNIs that dont get delivered by the post office get sent to jujuy 468. You can go between 8 am and 1 pm to pick up. No appointments and I suggest you get there as close to 8 as possible. You will need your receipt from paying for it. Also, only you can go in. A friend will not be allowed in. I didn't get there til 9:30 and although their Internet was down, I got mine in about 45 minutes.

Even though the paper work they give you says to return to the office where you made your application, it is wrong, you need to go to jujuy 468.

Back