Residency Approved, Now What?

Now What? As you posted.. IMHO start working on your plan to get out when the you know what really hits the fan. And I promise you the the you know what will really hit that fan in the not so far future.

Seldom have more contemplative words been uttered.

Hello wise friends, according to this thread it shouldn't be necessary to go to the Registro Nacional de las Personas after getting notice of residency; that the DNI shows up in the mail. However, last week I was approved for temporary residency, and at the end of the letter it says:

"Regístrese e infórmese a la DIRECCION NACIONAL DEL REGISTRO NACIONAL DE LAS PERSONAS para la toma de razón. Hecho, archívese."

I guess that means I need to take my documents there anyway?

Hello wise friends, according to this thread it shouldn't be necessary to go to the Registro Nacional de las Personas after getting notice of residency; that the DNI shows up in the mail. However, last week I was approved for temporary residency, and at the end of the letter it says:

"Regístrese e infórmese a la DIRECCION NACIONAL DEL REGISTRO NACIONAL DE LAS PERSONAS para la toma de razón. Hecho, archívese."

I guess that means I need to take my documents there anyway?

I believe it just means that the decision to grant your residency has been filed with the Registo.

There's no need for you to take your documents there. Your DNI should arrive in the mail (just as you expect).

Careful regarding what happens if the mailman misses you. It happened to me and I ended up having to go to ReNaPer at Av Jujuy. I got the card, but it was not a morning pleasantly spent.

Careful regarding what happens if the mailman misses you. It happened to me and I ended up having to go to ReNaPer at Av Jujuy. I got the card, but it was not a morning pleasantly spent.

The receptionist at my building indicated that if one leaves the receipt with him OCA mailman will leave the DNI at the reception,

To extend on this whole thought. After getting your temp res and DNI, what is required the next year to extend the temp res? Do you have to bring all of the same paperwork including a new FBI report (and local police report) if you leave the country? Do you have to pay the $1200AR again?

Thanks, T/

To extend on this whole thought. After getting your temp res and DNI, what is required the next year to extend the temp res? Do you have to bring all of the same paperwork including a new FBI report (and local police report) if you leave the country? Do you have to pay the $1200AR again?

Thanks, T/

This is a great question. Im trying to figure out what to do in my case that i currently have a temp DNI through work, but will be applying next time for rentista - not sure if its considered a "renewal" or a new visa, or if there is even a difference in the two processes.

Also regarding the question of delivery, after about a month of the website saying it was out for delivery, it finally updated the status to say that it was returned to the place where I did the tramites. This of course would have been migraciones but thanks to the fine folks of this forum, many told me that despite what the website says, the DNI would be at Jujuy st. I went one morning and it WAS there in fact (make sure you bring your receipt with the 26 digit code) and after about an hour wait I had the DNI. The envelope did show that they had tried to deliver it twice, but I never received a notice that they tried to deliver it, and believe me I checked the mailbox every day.

Thanks, T/

Unfortunately you have to keep showing the same documents each year for four years (that includes your transitional year to permanent). Since I stay in the country I didn't have to redo my FBI report. I think it depends on how many months you spend back in the U.S.in a given year if they will ask you for this again.
Plus each year you have to redo the photo, show your passport, update your bank letter, etc. Tushy pain but doable.

Back