Residency Approved, Now What?

I believe it just means that the decision to grant your residency has been filed with the Registo.

There's no need for you to take your documents there. Your DNI should arrive in the mail (just as you expect).

You can check the status of your DNI by going to http://www.mininterior.gov.ar/tramitesyservicios/estado-tramite-dni.php and choosing "Consulta por Boleta Prenumerada". There you have to enter the 26-digit number shown on your $40.00 payment receipt.

The other page (tramite) will no longer be updated.

To extend on this whole thought. After getting your temp res and DNI, what is required the next year to extend the temp res? Do you have to bring all of the same paperwork including a new FBI report (and local police report) if you leave the country? Do you have to pay the $1200AR again?

Thanks, T/

The following is based on the assumption that you would apply for temporary residency based on US Social Security benefits and provide a "benefits letter" (available on line from the Social Security website) when you apply for temporary residency:

If you get the SS benefit letter in the USA it will need the Apostille and then it will have to be translated in Argentina. The translation will also have to be legalized in Argentina (this is different from the "legalization" in the office on Aranales of a document "issued" in Argentina).

I renewed my temporary residency three times (the last in 2010) and I have a friend who recently renewed his. He had to provide an updated benefits letter from the Social Security Administration (which he obtained at the FBU at the US Embassy and then had "legalized" in BA on Aranales near Esmeralda). If the letter is in English I believe it will have to be translated and the translation will have to be legalized as well (before taking it to be "legalized" on Aranales).

I never had to provide a new FBI report when renewing my temporary residency and neither has my friend. I was only out of Argentina for more than 60 days once in the three years I had temporary residency and I was never asked for a "new" FBI report. My friend spent less than 60 days per year outside Argentina since getting his temporary residency. I am not saying there is any "limit" on the number of days you can spend outside of Argentina without having to provide a new FBI report, just adding what I know from my experience. I don't think anyone has ever posted that migraciones asked for a new FBI report for a renewal of their temporary residency.

A new Argentine police report is always required and the $1200 fee applies to all renewals as well as the cambio to permanente.

I had to wait over a year to even get my DNI printed LOL.......slow down....this is Argentina my son!! Even so...mine took a freaking year LOL....

I remember checking on the website that they had set up....and finally after 4 months the status of my DNI and itr said "en imprenta"

then 4 months later: "en imprenta"

then another 4 months later: "en imprenta"

etc etc....you get the idea

It wasn't until I stopped looking and eventually forgot about it all together that it was finally printed and delivered LOL....

welcome to Argentina!!!

Have you checked the status of your DNI printing process?

http://www.mininteri...ramite-dni.php

Click on the "Consulta por Boleta Prenumerada" tab and enter the number from the page that you paid the $40 pesos for the DNI with (it is under barcode in the upper left corner). Once your DNI was printed and handed over to the postal service it should say "El DNI fue emitido y entregado a la empresa de correo ... con fecha ...".
I went to the site and entered my number and got the message "no se ancontranon tramites". It's been a month so wondering what this means. Have they not processed my application or.....?

T/

I went to the site and entered my number and got the message "no se ancontranon tramites". It's been a month so wondering what this means. Have they not processed my application or.....?

T/
Hi @TomAtAlki , am in the same position, when did something start showing up and how long did it take in the end (assuming you finished)?

Cheers

Hi @TomAtAlki , am in the same position, when did something start showing up and how long did it take in the end (assuming you finished)?

Cheers

My residencia was approved after 88 days and now ir shows En proceso de expediciion after 20 days

My residencia was approved after 88 days and now ir shows En proceso de expediciion after 20 days

say what? ...I am looking at your posts for years and years! And you are still not a resident??

Well, I finally got the plastic. The tramite was resolved 26th February (after 4 weeks), but it took another 5 weeks to deliver the actual card.
Note that neither of the online options even changed the status, it is still in 'process of emission'!

Back