Right Wing Coup E'tat In Brazil

Quite ignorant of any coup, but it seems to me that many of the grievances of the protestors are quite valid. Pissing away billions on some FIFA-Olympic event the country can ill afford.
Found this manifesto, for whatever it is worth.

"Dear Comrad"
http://www.revleft.com/vb/mass-protests-brazil-t181549/index.html?amp;

No, I am absolutely sure. I am not trying to talk about it now, I am running against the clock trying to warn people, as a lot of other Brazilians are as well.
THIS IS A COUP D'ETAT ATTEMPT.

THE REST WAS JUST COMPLETELY BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION ON PURPOSE.

And where is your evidence that this is a right-wing coup e'tat? Are you sure your not just swallowing propaganda by the government designed to make the protests stop?

Sounds a bit like the kind of thing they would say here in Argentina.

LIKE I SAID, I HAVE ANOTHER 15 TABS OPEN AT OCCUPY BRAZIL AND SIMILAR PAGES ON FB TRYING TO GET PEOPLE INFORMED. PLEASE TRY TO READ THE ARTICLES IN PORTUGUESE. IF YOU GUYS SPEAK FLUENT SPANISH AND MAYBE WITH THE HELP OF SOME TRANSLATOR, IT MIGHT WORK. HERE'S ANOTHER ONE AS WELL:
http://www.conversaa...evitar-o-golpe/

Sounds a bit like someone is paying you to spread their word.

There is no coup guys. Brazil does not even have an organized "right wing" movement. The army is quiet and wants to have nothing to do with politics. The mass media at first even tried to ignore the protests and only gave it attention once it became too big.

The ones who know me will remember that I have been predicting a major meltdown in Brazil for a while. The Lula and Dilma governments were the ones who fought to bring in the World Cup and the Olympics, to serve as monuments to their egos. They ran huge deficits and printed money like crazy to buy votes. Now they have a new middle class that for the first time has something to loose and they are seeing their dreams being threatened by inflation. They are also tired of corruption and seeing their tax dollars being squandered in stadiums. There is no "right wing " coup.

crian%25C3%25A7apm.png
2013-06-21T015338Z_987822486_GM1E96L0R7V01_RTRMADP_3_BRAZIL-PROTESTS.JPG

I am trying to reach out to as many people as possible. And here, I can get thousands. Some Brazilians. Many Latin Americans. All I know is that anything I can do, I will do.

This really sounds more and more like you've been 'instructed' to reach thousands.

You haven't given any clear rationale behind your argument.

Perhaps whats happening that people are sick of a government that spends BILLIONS on a world cup and olympics and refuses to spend that on helping its own citizens.

So they protest. The government gets scared - releases dis-information about this being some kind of right-wing coup to scare the people into stopping.

Just my point of view. I'm not trying to 'reach thousands'

Ana, you just lost all credibility with all Americans on this forum by saying that Brazil needs something like the ley de medios law. This draconian law is one of the worst laws I have ever seen. In the USA, we do not touch freedom of the press, period. It is in our bill of rights that our government cannot make any laws restricting the freedom of the press in any way. We are taught from elementary school that freedom of the press is a human right and that the ability to criticize governments openly is a necessary curb to the power of governments. If our congress had made such a bone-headed law that restricts the press in any way, we would have people talking about a revolution. Yes, people would be arming themselves to overthrow the government. I am not kidding. Because that is something you do not touch in a democracy. I am sure that this sort of thing is in the Brazilian and Argentine constitution too. It is illegal to restrict the media, and if ever they did that in Brazil then their citizens would have the right to try to peacefully overthrow the government. If the government is corrupt and officials have broken the law then people also have every right to try to peacefully overthrow it. No one here who is American is going to buy your story and my advice to you would be to quit thinking empty headed. If you are being paid by someone to post (which I don't think so but just in case) then shame on you--you are a traitor to your country and people and are shameless. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Ana, you just lost all credibility with all Americans on this forum by saying that Brazil needs something like the ley de medios law. This draconian law is one of the worst laws I have ever seen. In the USA, we do not touch freedom of the press, period. It is in our bill of rights that our government cannot make any laws restricting the freedom of the press in any way. We are taught from elementary school....

While I certainly do not support Cristina's bastardized version of it, the US DOES have its, in my eyes reasonable, "ley de medios". Not sure you have to go to elementary school again but you're welcome to learn more at http://www.fcc.gov/guides/review-broadcast-ownership-rules : "The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) sets limits on the number of broadcast stations (radio and TV) an entity can own, as well as limits on the common ownership of broadcast stations and newspapers".

Back