Rip-Off German Hospital

My husband thinks that perhaps the stitches were more expensive due to it being his lip and requiring more of a plastic surgery approach than simply normal stitches. I don't know, but it's worth going down there and having a chat with them about it. If you can take a local friend or family member, even better.

you walked into a private hospital with no medical insurance, they had a surgeon to do the stitching what do you expect?. if you don`t want to pay public hospital is the way to go.
you want the care of private but the price of public it doesn`t work like that.
if the baby is ok thank them and pay

Not sure if you can find Mederma cream in BA, but I used it for scar prevention after surgery and it was miraculous. It would likely be a challenge to keep it on a child's lip, but there's nothing creepy in there. Also, with summer coming up, keeping the injury protected from the sun will be the key to preventing a noticeable scar. Just some thick lip balm with sunscreen should help there. It makes a huge difference!
Glad to hear your child is okay.

mulderfox, I know about private hospital bills. I have had 2 kids, born at Otamendi and Trinidad Palermo, my husband had stitches at Otamendi and my eldest had an anaesthetic and procedure at Hospital Aleman. This bill was a giant rip-off compared to all of those experiences. WAY more expensive.
Thanks mmoon, I will def try to get this.

Back