Rip-Off German Hospital

Farenheit

Registered
My son needed three stitches in his lip for a dog bite today. It took ten minutes in the consulting room and I was charged $6280!!! Disgusting. On the bill over $3000 was the cost of an operating theatre which wasn't the case.

Not surprised. Hospital alemán has aleas charged at least double what the hospital Italiano or Trinidad charges

Just some recent data points to compare this seemingly expensive Hospital Aleman experience-

- Swiss Medical (located across the street from Hospital Aleman) consultation before midnight $400
after midnight $1100

- Current monthly premium for OSDE plan 450 (no co pays, international coverage/ domestic helicopter evacuation included) $2550

Thanks Internationalguy, he's doing well but it was scary for him having stitches as he's only 2 and a half. Praying there's no scar!

I'm glad to hear that, poor little guy. They are getting better and better all the time when it comes to scar prevention. Fingers crossed.

My son needed three stitches in his lip for a dog bite today. It took ten minutes in the consulting room and I was charged $6280!!! Disgusting. On the bill over $3000 was the cost of an operating theatre which wasn't the case.

This sounds like something that would happen at a US hospital, but it's on the way out with the Affordable Care Act.

. It took ten minutes in the consulting room and I was charged $6280!!! Disgusting. On the bill over $3000 was the cost of an operating theatre which wasn't the case.

shocking amount!!

you did not have any insurance?

I have plan A6, 2nd highest insurance plan of Hospital aleman and pay 960 pesos a month as premium monthly.

Back