robbery with a knife

puvenlee

Registered
I was robbed today 9:20pm just 50-60 meters outside of the US embassy. a guy came behind me and i didn't notice. All i heard is 'Todo bien?' and a knife on my throat, in his left hand.
I lost all my cash(400+ pesos) and a cell phone.

I planned to leave this country in December but now i just want to leave as soon as possible.
I've walked down this road everyday for 240+days and just can't believe : a knife!

and what is most sorry is that I have to call my parents and tell them I am fine...
I am just a little relieved i can write down this with only a scratch on my throat...

That is horrible. I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you.

It's good that you are ok though. I am glad that you were able to walk away from that.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry that this happened to you! were you alone? walking around?

No matter what it's an awful, shattering experience to be robbed, especially when a weapon is involved (I was robbed at gunpoint in my first few months here, and like Lee was on edge for weeks afterwards). I'm glad that you're physically ok and didn't lose anything more valuable than your phone and money. Again, sorry that this happened to you. I hope you have some friends to be with tonight and can enjoy a nice drink to help you calm down!

:(

Sorry for my dark joke, and happy that you are OK. It is a very traumatic experience, well, probably being a local I got used to it, although it is not really common.

puvenlee said:
I was robbed today 9:20pm just 50-60 meters outside of the US embassy. a guy came behind me and i didn't notice. All i heard is 'Todo bien?' and a knife on my throat, in his left hand.
I lost all my cash(400+ pesos) and a cell phone.

I planned to leave this country in December but now i just want to leave as soon as possible.
I've walked down this road everyday for 240+days and just can't believe : a knife!

and what is most sorry is that I have to call my parents and tell them I am fine...
I am just a little relieved i can write down this with only a scratch on my throat...

You don't have to tell your parents about this, especially if it would upset them...

steveinbsas said:
You don't have to tell your parents about this, especially if it would upset them..

Thats right and what i meant... Totally not telling them, just usual daily call.

va2ba said:
That is horrible. I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you.

It's good that you are ok though. I am glad that you were able to walk away from that.

Yes, I felt angry and sad but a little relieved because I am just mentally hurt but not physically...

Thanks for all the replies... I felt good talking it out.

Back