Safer to stay in Lima Perú or come back to Argentina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiscal

Registered
I am not an Argentinian citizen. I'm in Lima, which seems more developed, cleaner, and organized than Argentina, but what do I know, I'm just a tourist here. But staying put means I avoid airports.

Last edited:
I'm in Miraflores, which is like the Recoleta of Lima.

The comments on Peru here are completely unjustified . Miraflores , Barranco , and San Isidro Lima are vastly more sophisticated than Recoleta and Barrio Norte . The quality of life also is much better with a stable currency and low inflation . If I were you I would stay in Peru

Yes, there are vast parts of Lima that look like shantytowns, but the nice areas such as Miraflores and San Isidro are very well developed and clean.

The virus will be a prevalent there as here, if not worse I would think, because Lima is more densely populated than CABA.

Your decision, in my view, boils down to options you will have should you get sick. If you can afford to go to a private clinic in Lima (they abound, but are particularly concentrated in the vicinity of Avenida Guardia Civil) and pay whatever they will charge you in the absence of Peruvian health insurance, you will be very well looked after and even overserviced, at least until the first wave of serious infections start to overwhelm both the private and public systems.

I have no experience of the private clinics here, but judging by what I am seeing on the other thread about the attention in private clinics here, in a private clinic, even with insurance, you may not be as well attended, even before the wave hits. But I don't know that, it is just the impression the other thread is giving.

If, on the other hand, you cannot afford a private clinic in Lima, get sick, and have to fall back on the public hospital system, you will be in serious trouble, even now, before the wave hits.

I tend to agree with Perry, based on seven years living in Lima (where I have close friends in the private health sector, including Kuczyinski's cardiologist, and others who work in the public system) and two years living here: with all its faults and dangers, Peru is a vastly more serious and industrious country than Argentina (Argentines can't believe that, or don't want to believe that, but they tend not to get out much, unfortunately).

If I had the choice of going back there to see through this Coronavirus through, I would be inclined towards doing so.

The comments on Peru here are completely unjustified . Miraflores , Barranco , and San Isidro Lima are vastly more sophisticated than Recoleta and Barrio Norte . The quality of life also is much better with a stable currency and low inflation . If I were you I would stay in Peru

Also the food and weather are amazing!

Also the food and weather are amazing!

Nice.

At what country do you have medial insurance?
If you get seriously sick, where do you have a better chance of getting an ICU bed & ventilator?

Well, I thought the OP was joking, I mean "more developed, cleaner, and organized than Argentina", like wtf? I've lived there, and yes it's a "giant shantytown". Nevertheless, stay there. Don't travel.

Well, I thought the OP was joking, I mean "more developed, cleaner, and organized than Argentina", like wtf? I've lived there, and yes it's a "giant shantytown". Nevertheless, stay there. Don't travel.
Miraflores is nicer than anything in Buenos Aires, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back