Scandal in Argentina

cruizes said:
And maybe you should stay out of being so opinionated with Americans and the American government until you either have a blue passport or a green card.

My passport´s blue, but it´s from NZ. Argentine, Uruguayan, Paraguayan, Bolivian and Indian passports are also blue.... ;)

nikad said:
After Clinton´s show, i don´t think any American can say much about this...oh yes, what about SC governor and his Argentine lover? Whoops! Only Argentine men cheat right...

No, virtually all (male) politicians cheat, because the same thing that makes them think that only they can truly represent the people also makes them think that only they are truly God's gift to women.

It's just that virtually all Argentine men think that they should be politicians.

;)

PS- In the CARAS magazine from 25/1/2011, the governor is photographed in Punta with his p--a. :p

I like the girl though and I think he made the right choice. He chose to be with the woman he was truly in love with. He just went about doing it in one of the worst ways possible.

cruizes said:
And maybe you should stay out of being so opinionated with Americans and the American government until you either have a blue passport or a green card. I'm sorry I had to say something because I have read so many rants and raves about how Americans are from you since I have been in Argentina. Without being an American I doubt if you would be an expert. This is why I try to keep my mouth shut about the mentality of the Argentine people. We are all different.

First things first: I appreciate your silence on topics you think you don't understand enough to talk about. That shows respect.

But I think you exaggerate. If in order to talk about something you need to be an expert, your nationality alone doesn't make you one. You can be an American and yet not know certain American affairs well enough to give an enlightened opinion. You can come to Argentina and know more about a local matter than me. Take economics for instance. More than once in this board I read opinions on economics by foreigners. I'm an Argentine, but completely ignorant of economics. Can I say "shut up, this is my country"? Does nationality prove knowledge?

IMO, you're welcome to talk about any local matter you wish, be an expert or not, local or foreign. We are living in the same land at the same time. Fair enough to me.

AngelinBA said:
My passport´s blue, but it´s from NZ. Argentine, Uruguayan, Paraguayan, Bolivian and Indian passports are also blue.... ;)
Thank god for Google! Just Google it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hache said:
First things first: I appreciate your silence on topics you think you don't understand enough to talk about. That shows respect.

But I think you exaggerate. If in order to talk about something you need to be an expert, your nationality alone doesn't make you one. You can be an American and yet not know certain American affairs well enough to give an enlightened opinion. You can come to Argentina and know more about a local matter than me. Take economics for instance. More than once in this board I read opinions on economics by foreigners. I'm an Argentine, but completely ignorant of economics. Can I say "shut up, this is my country"? Does nationality prove knowledge?

IMO, you're welcome to talk about any local matter you wish, be an expert or not, local or foreign. We are living in the same land at the same time. Fair enough to me.

I have to say after reading this post I have renewed faith that there are still a FEW reasonable and highly intelligent human beings on this earth. How eloquent and enlightened is a person who can admit that a fellow human being may have superior knowledge about a subject. Most people these days are way too insecure to admit something like that.
Thank you for being you.......

Davidglen77 said:
Kirchner dynasty shaken to the core? Oh please!! Just like when Monica low down Lewinsky played the skin flute on former president Clinton (who was a great president), WHO CARES? I know a lot of people won't like this statement but Néstor Kirchner (EPD) did a lot for Argentina and since the Kirchner's have been in power the country has been more stable than it has been in the past 50 years. So let' s keep out of the Kirchner's marriage as I and all of you should care less who and what they are doing in the boudoir.

The history of Argentina is much longer than Nestor Kirchner. So far he (and his wife and "crowd", by default) did not do anything for Argentina more than keep for themselves money enough to live 4 generations without need of working... It's hard to say this country is stable since he have been in power. Argentina is going down and down since then.

Please be serious. You can hardly call a private matter (and most probably a lie) a scandal. I am truly tired of hearing so much crap about our president. In the recent past I offen heard that "he" (in regard to former president Kircher) ran the country and that she was just a puppet. I used to mock those comments saying that he was a ventriloquist as well as telepathician. What shud I say now, that he runs the country from a Wija?
It seems that this male chauvinist world just has a hard time accepting that a woman elected-president can run our country remarkably well. And believe me, Argentina is not an easy country to run so, if I may make a suggestion, please don't rely on dominant media alone to get a true picture of our country.

Firstly I am a Kirchner supporter through and through and believe that Christina has done a wonderful job up to now. In regards to Christina being a woman president I treat her with the same respect as any human being and do not ever feel that a woman is not as smart or capable as a man .

I do not understand the narrowmindessness of some expats who have nothing better to do but criticize others for a play of words or other petty reasons. Many here feel overwhelmed by the harsh comments directed at us for just being frank and over time this can tire the soul and sap the spirit.

Back