Scandal in Argentina

Davidglen77 said:
So let' s keep out of the Kirchner's marriage as I and all of you should care less who and what they are doing in the boudoir.
And maybe you should stay out of being so opinionated with Americans and the American government until you either have a blue passport or a green card. I'm sorry I had to say something because I have read so many rants and raves about how Americans are from you since I have been in Argentina. Without being an American I doubt if you would be an expert. This is why I try to keep my mouth shut about the mentality of the Argentine people. We are all different.

nikad said:
After Clinton´s show, i don´t think any American can say much about this...oh yes, what about SC governor and his Argentine lover? Whoops! Only Argentine men cheat right...

Clinton?! Oh come on, let's go waaaay further back than that. Infidelity is practically a presidential rite of passage. ;)
Personally I couldn't care less as long as they're doing a good job.

Also, Cruizes? If you've been paying attention you'll know that DavidGlen is a New Yorker.

cruizes said:
And maybe you should stay out of being so opinionated with Americans and the American government until you either have a blue passport or a green card. I'm sorry I had to say something because I have read so many rants and raves about how Americans are from you since I have been in Argentina. Without being an American I doubt if you would be an expert. This is why I try to keep my mouth shut about the mentality of the Argentine people. We are all different.

I think Davidglen77 is from the US;)

And really - I actually could care less. I would be far more shocked to find a politician that hasn't strayed.

cruizes said:

DING A LING A LING DING DING.......uh excuse me but obviously your reading comprehension skills are seriously LACKING!!
I am from the USA, that means born in North America. I am 1st generation born to an immigrant family half russian - from St. Petersburg and half Cuban - from Cienfuegos, I grew up in New York City in the 1970s and 1980s when it was REALLY NEW YORK, not the disneyland that it is now. I have travelled to 40 of the 50 states in the USA and 7 countries in Europe, 15 caribbean islands and 3 countries in Latin America. I have lived in Argentina for 4 years. Due to my varied experience at both ends of the world, I think I have a pretty good perspective into the mind of both the north and south American psyche! And I have a blue passport, (no green card, since you may or may not know, green card is for immigrants to the USA) and I have residence and a DNI from Argentina. So there is some REAL background info on me READ carefully so you UNDERSTAND who you are talking to! Open them eyes!

MizzMarr said:
Clinton?! Oh come on, let's go waaaay further back than that. Infidelity is practically a presidential rite of passage. ;)
Personally I couldn't care less as long as they're doing a good job.

Also, Cruizes? If you've been paying attention you'll know that DavidGlen is a New Yorker.

Thomas Jefferson had a long term affair with one of his slaves.

John Kennedy frolicked nude in the White House swimming pool with Marilyn Monroe.

Eisenhower picked up a babe during WWII and reportedly carried on with her after he became president.

The big difference between these earlier presidents and Clinton, John Edwards and all the rest is that the press now goes into a feeding frenzy about their cheating ways...whereas in an earlier time the press winked at affairs of the heart and focused on foreign affairs and domestic policy.

The only surprise I had when I read about K's affair was that it has been reported, not that he had a chick on the side. This because the press in Argentina has, like the press in the USA in the past, generally winked at such goings on. And their wives,much like Jackie K, have chosen to not want to see what was going on...

Big deal, another politician that couldn't keep his pants zipped. Check out Berlusconi around 70 years old from Italy, sex with an underage prostitute, now that's scandalous.

What should have been the big scandal here was the suitcase full of money from Hugo. In any other real country that most likely would have resulted in resignations from office and the end of political careers, perhaps even a prosecution or two.

Don't think a simple sex scandal is going change anything here at all.

gouchobob said:
Big deal, another politician that couldn't keep his pants zipped. Check out Berlusconi around 70 years old from Italy, sex with an underage prostitute, now that's scandalous.

What should have been the big scandal here was the suitcase full of money from Hugo. In any other real country that most likely would have resulted in resignations from office and the end of political careers, perhaps even a prosecution or two.

Don't think a simple sex scandal is going change anything
here at all.

Exactly....if screwing the country does not create outrage and forced resignations, why would anyone think simply screwing your secretary will result in change?

Even Prince Philip is supposed to have a filly or two on the side....it's no big deal.

So what??????????? Nestor dips his secretary and Hugo has been romping around in the presidential panties for years. Politicians have massive egos and lots of opportunity [power attracts] and the pitiful public loves to suck on scandal. This is just another pity play for Xtina in the run up to elections.

Back