Seafood Restaurants.

nlaruccia

Registered
I just got back from Costa Rica and enjoyed red snapper every day. It's almost impossible to find it, pargo colorado o sea bass (lubina) in Buenos Aires. Is trucha, salmon, lenguado and merluza all there is? Does anyone know of a restaurant or fish market that offers something different? I talked to the pescaderias en Mercado del Progress and even they can't get pargo colorado. Missing good fish.

you should go to the central market on saturday since 4 am. I suggest you go early, that s the best you can find. Regards

The Coto by my house sells Merluza Negra (delicious, probably my favorite white fish although pretty pricy), Swordfish, Pacú, Smooth-hound shark, Cod, Angel Fish, Corvina Rubia, Mero, Trilla and Silverside, not to mention Oysters, Mussels, Clams, Squid, Octopus, Scallops, Lobster, Crabs, Shrimp and Prawns. About half of it is frozen but thats the reality of seafood.

I miss the seafood in Spain. :) What I wouldn't give for some good boquerones - and no, not canned sardines. Even the rabas/calamares here are just... different.

The Coto by my house sells Merluza Negra (delicious, probably my favorite white fish although pretty pricy), Swordfish, Pacú, Smooth-hound shark, Cod, Angel Fish, Corvina Rubia, Mero, Trilla and Silverside, not to mention Oysters, Mussels, Clams, Squid, Octopus, Scallops, Lobster, Crabs, Shrimp and Prawns. About half of it is frozen but thats the reality of seafood.

Where is your Coto located?

Barrio Chino has been my best bet so far for seafood. I even got good boquerones a few times! You never know what you will find, so you have to be flexible. Plus you need to go on a Tues. or Wed. for better quality. It isn't the seafood available in Spain or NY, but it is the best option here. On Semana Santa they had a genuinely impressive display. Other retail is Ostra Mar and Delfina, but don't go there expecting non-frozen just because the prices are higher.

Sorry where do you live?

I miss Chilean Sea Bass, Grilled Red Salmon steaks, Swordfish, Fresh Tuna steaks, smoked salmon :wub:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Expat Life 25
U Expat Life 71
P Expat Life 78
P Food and Drink 8
Travelbug0601 Expat Life 21
Back