Seafood

PhilipDT

Registered
Does anybody know where can I find:

Big scallops, not the bay scallops easily found in barrio chino. (Extra karma if you know where to find them fresh, but frozen is ok too)

Red Tuna.

Live crustaceans of any variety

Does anybody know where can I find:

Big scallops, not the bay scallops easily found in barrio chino. (Extra karma if you know where to find them fresh, but frozen is ok too)

Red Tuna.

Live crustaceans of any variety

Try http://www.mercadocentral.cl

Droll as ever, the sarcastic "does not respond when questioned" travel writer strikes again.

I suspect your best hope will be the horribly early trip to the mercado central. You'd need a car obviously.

Droll as ever, the sarcastic "does not respond when questioned" travel writer strikes again.

I suspect your best hope will be the horribly early trip to the mercado central. You'd need a car obviously.

Have you been? How is the selection there? I can figure out the car situation but I don't want to go through all the work if its just a bigger cheaper version of what I've got in bario chino.

Have you been? How is the selection there? I can figure out the car situation but I don't want to go through all the work if its just a bigger cheaper version of what I've got in bario chino.

No, but my assumption would be that at least your closer to the source. It must all come in there before heading out to it's various locations. Sadly, I found this list of what's on offer via what seems to be a website listing what they have on sale. None of the "mariscos" on offer are what you're looking for. Sadly, as I would pay good money for some scallops.

http://www.alcentral.com.ar/sector_pesquero.html

PESCADOS
Abadejo
Anchoa
Besugo
Boga
Congrio
Cornalito
Corvina
Merluza
Mero
Róbalo
Rubio
Salmón Blanco
Palometa
FILETS
Abadejo
Lenguado
Mero
Brótola
Merluza con espina
Salmón
Gatuzo o Lomito (nombre vulgar)
Merluza sin espina
Pollo de Mar

MARISCOS
Almeja enteros frescos (con cáscara, provenientes de San Antonio Oeste).
Calamarettes
Langostino entero y pelado
Calamar entero
Camarón entero y pelado
Mejillón entero fresco (con cáscara, provenientes de San Antonio Oeste).
Calamar tubo y tentáculos.
Chorito chileno pelado
Pulpito

I usually go to CM. What they offer depends on day and time. Friday night since 9 pm is whole sale for restaurant. Since 7 am is for common people, not much variety on sea food. Saturday nigh is for chinese so, then you can find more variety and super fresh.

Buddy in European countries mostly people have liked the seafood and i have seen a lot of see foods in my home swimming pool last week.I was very excited to see that.....Swimming can get you feel good in the water.If you own a swimming pool, you should have the necessary knowledge of swimming pool chemicals.So,what do you say about it dude!!!:)

Reactions: jp
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Expat Life 25
U Expat Life 71
P Expat Life 78
Travelbug0601 Expat Life 21
nlaruccia Expat Life 8
Back