Second Book Club Meeting

Alicia karr

Registered
Greetings all! The book club met last Friday and spent a lovely two hours getting to know each other and the books we read. We want to make sure we can accommodate the majority of people interested and are wondering if an evening time, for example the last Wednesday evening in August (28) at 7:00 would be better than Friday afternoon the 30th at 3:00? If you're interested in attending can you weigh in with your preference please?
Our official selection for August will be "1Q84" by the international best selling author Haruki Murakami. The New York Times says this of Murakami:"Murakami is like a magician who explains what he's doing as he performs the trick and still makes you believe he has supernatural powers..But while anyone can tell a story that resembles a dream, its the rare artist, like this one, who can make us feel that we are dreaming it ourselves." Since the book is almost 1200 pages long we will discuss it in two parts! For August pages 1-600, and for September pages 601-1183. This book is widely available and downloadable in the I bookstore and the Kindle bookstore
Please don't forget to express a preference for the meeting times! Happy reading!

Definetly Wednesday at 7:00 would be prefect... Timing was the reason I missed the first meeting because I work 9 to 6 so count me in for 28th Aug. Wednesday at 7.

Yay! Wednesday at 7 would be perfect for me, although this month the 30th falls on my Friday off so I would be able to make it too.

I'll get reading :)

Wednesday at 7pm is great for me as I too missed the last one because of work, and the book selection is awesome too!Looking forward to meeting all of you :)

UPDATED INFO!
By popular request the meeting will be WEDNESDAY, August 28 at 7:00 (19:00).
We will be talking about The first two parts or "Books" ("Book 1:April-June" and "Book 2:July-September") of Haruki Murakami's "1Q84". The last part or "Book 3: October-December" will be discussed at our September meeting. These "Books" are all part of the same book, which is over 1200 electronic pages!
I started the book yesterday and can say that it reads fairly quickly. Despite the fact that I'm a slow reader I've read 100 e-pages Happy reading!

Greetings all! The book club met last Friday and spent a lovely two hours getting to know each other and the books we read. We want to make sure we can accommodate the majority of people interested and are wondering if an evening time, for example the last Wednesday evening in August (28) at 7:00 would be better than Friday afternoon the 30th at 3:00? If you're interested in attending can you weigh in with your preference please?
Our official selection for August will be "1Q84" by the international best selling author Haruki Murakami. The New York Times says this of Murakami:"Murakami is like a magician who explains what he's doing as he performs the trick and still makes you believe he has supernatural powers..But while anyone can tell a story that resembles a dream, its the rare artist, like this one, who can make us feel that we are dreaming it ourselves." Since the book is almost 1200 pages long we will discuss it in two parts! For August pages 1-600, and for September pages 601-1183. This book is widely available and downloadable in the I bookstore and the Kindle bookstore
Please don't forget to express a preference for the meeting times! Happy reading!
Lacoqueta-san, do you like Murakami's novels? Yeah, Murakami, Haruki's novel. I still not have read the,
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]1Q84,,_ is a novel by Haruki Murakami, first published in three volumes in Japan in 2009–10. The novel quickly became a sensation, with its first printing selling out the day it was released, and reaching sales of one million within a month. _I'am looking forwards to reading to this, in my mother tongue, for better and quicker inmmersion in his world![/background]​

Hybrid San, the book club will meet Wednesday evening, August 28 at 7:00 PM at my apartment. You can PM me for the address if you will be joining us!

Just a reminder to all bookies. The next meeting of the book club will be Wednesday Aug. 28 @ 7:00pm. We will be discussing Parts 1 & 2 ("Books 1&2") of Murakamis "1Q84". All are welcome to come. Please bring a snack to share. I will provide all beverages. Location: Recoleta. Please PM me for exact address and contact phone. What a great book this has been!
We will complete our discussion of this book at the September meeting when we will discuss the last "Book(3)" of the Book!

Back