Seeking Information On Boedo

Why are you so worried that you need to get assurance?
Buenos Aires is Buenos Aires, are you a baby?. Boedo is a barrio, nothing more, nothing less, I can't believe that one needs to check out a place before one goes there. Get real

I've been living in Boedo for 3 years and we're considering buying in the area. I'm a woman and have no problems walking around but there are areas I would avoid if I were out alone after midnight, but that holds true for most of city's barrios. My partner, a porteño, and I have walked somewhat-drunkenly many, many times between here and Parque Patricios (where we have family) with no issues. I used to live south of the autopista and while walking under it is creepy the first few times, all the underpasses are well- lit and most of the spaces are sports clubs (calle Castro has a federal police hub/garage). There are almost no homeless and cartonero camps now compared to 3 years ago. I personally avoid the SW corner of the barrio which is considerably more sketchy than even the leather district and deep into San Lorenzo hincha territory.

It's a fairly boring barrio[background=rgb(252, 250, 243)]—[/background]which is what I prefer[background=rgb(252, 250, 243)]—[/background]there is no major shopping, not a lot of nightlife outside of dining, no big parks, which admittedly is a bummer, so we regularly walk/bike west to Prqe Chacabuco, east to Prqe Patricios and north to Centenario for weekend days/evenings.
There are loads of transit options. To Palermo you can take the 128 or 160; the 15 goes to both Palermo and Barrio Chino; 127 will take you to Chacarita then Villa Urquiza; the 126 (among others) into centro and San Telmo. There's also the subte if you prefer, though the E is old and dingy and a sardine can during rush hour.

Barrio de tango

http://www.todotango.com/historias/cronica/296/Castillo-Catulo-Castillo-cuenta-aspectos-de-su-vida/

Anyone can guide me on going to *Floresta* from Palermo..saly Plaza Italia.

hows the barrio?

Boedo is not bad, especially the the bigger street with all the restaurants. It's a true pic of how many potenors live.
I was invited there a few times, always felt safe. I took a taxi, it seemed that I was in the car for a long time, it's hard to get in and out that place.
Many young kids in Boedo feel like it's not cool to live there with their parents in a house. They rather live in the cool Palermo area.

Back