Seeking Organic & Paleo/primal Food Buddies (And Info)

Has anyone ever found psyllium seed husks, or the psyllium husk powder??

Marco Polo and Helaine ,the jar that is 70 pesos is the size of a standard honey/jam jar around 400g I would guess . You probably saw the small ones on display that are around 30 pesos.I bought the 70 pesos one many times.
Enriqueta: Dieteticas have psyllium pills but not the "loose" husks . I believe the pills are based on the seeds..
Arlean .: I bought cloruro de magnesio flakes in Farmacia Caledonia in Guemes .They come in 33g presentation. origin Germany With that you can make your own mag oil.
http://www.farmaciacaledonia.com.ar/legacy/index.html

Oh i am looking for the loose kind for a loaf of bread without any kind of flour, and the psyllium husks is what glues the bread together so I cant replace it with anything else.. But thank you for replying :)

Hey, I'll be coming back to BA the first week of November, if anyone has anything small they want me to bring that's hard to find down there, send me a message. I leave the 28th, so probably nothing that needs mail orders, but I can find a lot of paleo/organic/vitamin things locally.

Oh i am looking for the loose kind for a loaf of bread without any kind of flour, and the psyllium husks is what glues the bread together so I cant replace it with anything else.. But thank you for replying :)

Would flaxseed (linaza/lino)work for you ? That is available in a large Coto .I mention them as the turnover is higher there and the risk of jumping grains is minimized ;). I am making zucchini bread pancake type stuff with flaxseed meal here. I make the flour myself though as the omega 3/6 oxidise too fast for me to want to buy them ready made.

Would flaxseed (linaza/lino)work for you ? That is available in a large Coto .I mention them as the turnover is higher there and the risk of jumping grains is minimized ;). I am making zucchini bread pancake type stuff with flaxseed meal here. I make the flour myself though as the omega 3/6 oxidise too fast for me to want to buy them ready made.

Flax seeds are also on the receipe so I think I cant substitute the psyllium with it, unfortunately! Since its a flour free bread the psyllium is the thing that holds it together (or at least thats what the lady on the blog says)... Here is the receipe http://www.mynewroots.org/site/2013/02/the-life-changing-loaf-of-bread/

157jau.jpg

I will start the bidding at ONE MILLION PESOS.....

I just ventured into this thread, but if anyone is expecting things to be as they are in your place of origin regarding "alternative" diets, etc. in Argentina you will have to learn to adapt. I was used to buying organic goat milk yogurt, salami made from Neiman Ranch organic beef, and all the organic produce you can imagine (at a premium cost, I must add). Many of the things I was used to consuming DO NOT exist here. That said, I have probably found 75% of what I used to consume in San Francisco, plus I have found a few additional things that I didn't (arroz yamani, for example). Rather than trying to transplant your own requirements onto Argentina, I would recommend interacting with other like minded people here who can offer advice. I didn't when I first move here and my first couple of years were the cause of frustration. Good luck!

Back