Self employed aka Digital Nomad

Guys, thanks a lot for your detailed answers. Really appreciate for it.

Below few new updates. I will get contract anyway. My company uses "letsdeel" service, which has many options to withdraw money. One of them is crypto.
By the way, do you know good/trust crypto-cambio en BA?

In this case I'm going to be old well-known freelancer =) and do not care about bank account and taxes anymore..
(But I can consider option to register as monótono to pay some minimal taxes)

But there is still one open question, which I want to solve as much as possible legally - permission to stay in AR with my family for year and may be more..

O my:) To my lovely friends here, you are complicating everything:)

Andrey, hi! You can come to study Spanish let's say and get a student visa( temporary residence) Or your wife can. It's easy peasy.
Nobody will check how you are attending those classes, you just need to present 1 time paper that you will be their student! Actually it will work not only with Spanish, you can learn anything.
All the rest of your family will get family reunification ( residence) same time as you/your wife( main applicant)
Happy end:)

Last edited:
NB
You will not be illegal( and in Argentina no man is illegal) in 90 days. If you apply for any residence you are legal from that exact moment and during all the time you are wating for the decision( even when decision will be negativo in the end). DNM will issue you asap so called residence precaria while waiting that allows you to live, work, study in any part of the country, its the law, you will not be illegal.
ofc,you can enroll kids in school with passports only, everybody knows residence takes time.
ofc,you can rent a house. It's a deal between you and landlord, come on.Nobody in Argentina pays rent for 6 months ahead, I never hear about it IRL. don't do that, it will drive people crazy assuming you are rich as f. pay month by month in pesos.

Last edited:
Kula, should I prepare all set of documents before flight and request visa or I can handle it on site once entered with tourist visa?

Kula, should I prepare all set of documents before flight and request visa or I can handle it on site once entered with tourist visa?
You should prepare documents before coming, yes.
You shouldn't request any visa, come as tourist, then update to resident . Those documents you will apply through radex while in Argentina, you need to know date of entry to the country( later when you will need to count how long you live here for citizenship or anses or whatever, they will count from this date, the date your plane landed)

The key information from us to the OP at this stage is that he cannot bring his family for a year unless he obtains a residencia temporaria (temporary residency) from Argentina's migration authorities.
Many of us have stayed here for a year or two without problems as "tourists". Not the correct way (welcome to Argentina) to do it but definitely feasible.

They could even enter as tourists, stay here two years, never leave and apply for citizenship (if I understand bajocero's posts in the forum correctly).

Only question would be where to open the USD bank account ... as you cannot open one as a tourist in Argentina.

Kula, just read article about possibility via Student visa - it is almost impossible way, at least there is no public oficial list of approved organizations.

I guess, bank account would be better thфn crypto as far as I can use credit cards and other benefits of civilization
I gonna visit with my family and do not want to hide from police all time and buy bread at night and all other such things))

I gonna visit with my family and do not want to hide from police all time and buy bread at night and all other such things))

The police is not actively looking for people who overstayed their visa.
There are no random passport checks like in Moscow subways.

You can make a color copy of the passport page with your photo and use it as an ID in everyday life.

The police is not actively looking for people who overstayed their visa.
There are no random passport checks like in Moscow subways.

You can make a color copy of the passport page with your photo and use it as an ID in everyday life.
There is no random passport checks in subway. They will ask for your documents only if you are super drunk, or you pee in the middle of a train/station or smthg weird. Nice looking family with kids will not face any checks at all, nor here nor there.

In fact, remember 1 year ago when Argentinians were allowed to buy food only 3 days/week, with police checking DNIs at the entrance to supermarkets. Whenever you use tarjeta-DNI. Whenever you go anywhere you need DNI. while in Russia most people take passport only when they travel far or marry or go to some governmental organization and not some damn kiosko:)

:eek:everything is gonna be illegally, I wanna avoid it!

there is resposibility for family, and I still hope to open bank account..

Back