Selling my Blackberry - will it work?

ktcompton

Registered
I currently have a monthly Claro plan, but am leaving Buenos Aires sooner than I had expected. I have only had the phone/plan for 8 months, rather than the 2 year contract I signed to get the phone. When I went to Claro and inquired about canceling my plan, they said I would not only have to pay the cancelation fee, but I would also have to pay off the remaining balance of the phone. When I purchased the phone, I paid the asking price but apparently, Claro makes monthly payments on their end as well. The fee they want to charge me is the remaining payments that they have remaining...

I have two questions...1. Anybody know what will happen if I don't cancel my plan and I just leave the country? (I have no credit card connected to the account) I never intend to have another cell phone plan in Argentina, so I am not worried about that...

2. I have a friend that wants to buy the phone. If they put in their sim card, etc, will the phone work even if I haven't cancelled my plan that was connected to the phone? I obviously don't want to sell them the phone, leave the country, only for them to find out they can't use it...I am not a techy - hopefully some of you are and know the answers to this question!

Thanks for your help!

Back