Senora Kirchner-Fernandez' lastest

Every single world organisation does not agree with you, but maybe they are corrupt as well and are just out to damage Argentina

pericles said:
Nikad please define extremely corrupt to me ? To me Argentina is very low on the world scale for extremely corrupt .

It is just about reading the news, see Alicia Kirchner gave electric heaters to people who do not have electricity, the government steals people´s retirement money and decides what to do with it, vital indexes are manipulated, geez, so many things! I honestly do not compare Argentina to countries that are doing worse because by doing so anything would look good.

Let´s face it and compare our reality with first world countries. I love people´s character here, I was born here, I love the culture and so many things, but you cannot hide the fact that our system ( govt, health, education, retirement ) is mediocre to say the least. All official numbers are fake, do you really see a 0.66% monthly inflation?

I see more poor people everywhere, I see people´s income diluted, I see more and more villas all over the city, I see kids dying like roaches and drugs everywhere, I can pay to get almost anything. The good things that we still enjoy are the legacy of past generations, there is a general decline ( remember Colon Theater ) and in my eyes nothing proves me wrong: with over 40 % of the population living in misery, we will be more like Bolivia and Peru in just a couple of years; no middle class.

My house is just off Avenida Bustillo. If anyone wants to hang out and wave to Cristina when she drives by on the 28th, let me know!

nikad said:
It is just about reading the news, see Alicia Kirchner gave electric heaters to people who do not have electricity, the government steals people´s retirement money and decides what to do with it, vital indexes are manipulated, geez, so many things! I honestly do not compare Argentina to countries that are doing worse because by doing so anything would look good.

Let´s face it and compare our reality with first world countries. I love people´s character here, I was born here, I love the culture and so many things, but you cannot hide the fact that our system ( govt, health, education, retirement ) is mediocre to say the least. All official numbers are fake, do you really see a 0.66% monthly inflation?

I see more poor people everywhere, I see people´s income diluted, I see more and more villas all over the city, I see kids dying like roaches and drugs everywhere, I can pay to get almost anything. The good things that we still enjoy are the legacy of past generations, there is a general decline ( remember Colon Theater ) and in my eyes nothing proves me wrong: with over 40 % of the population living in misery, we will be more like Bolivia and Peru in just a couple of years; no middle class.

To many people who are mediocre and you always deserve the government you have

Pericles-

As usual you change the topic to American imperialism. You have a REAL problem with the U.S. I could care less. I am American, proud of that fact, however, do not agree with all policies the U.S. government is involved in. I stated before, there are problems worldwide. You do not do your research thoroughly regarding many of your Anti-U.S. comments. Do you think the U.S. which was requested by Colombia to assist them in fighting Narco-drug-trafficking is going to affect your beloved Argentina whatsoever? HOW is aiding a country bad?

You further stated you would rather live in poverty than in a first world country. That is quite telling. Perhaps you should now move to one of the hundreds of Villas that surround Buenos Aires and live with them and THEN say how much you love it.

I sincerely question people who blindly support a Dictatorial, lying, corrupt government in the guise of "helping the poor" and "redistributing" income whilst all the time stealing as much as they can illegally. It's called hypocrisy and a desperate attempt to rile the masses for their own political gain. Do you REALLY think C.F.K. gives a s*#$t about the poor in Argentina? PLEASE. And the next time you are passing out loaves of bread to the masses and marching arm and arm with Senor D'Elia, let me know in advance so I can watch.

rmartinbuenosaires said:
Pericles-

As usual you change the topic to American imperialism. You have a REAL problem with the U.S. I could care less. I am American, proud of that fact, however, do not agree with all policies the U.S. government is involved in. I stated before, there are problems worldwide. You do not do your research thoroughly regarding many of your Anti-U.S. comments. Do you think the U.S. which was requested by Colombia to assist them in fighting Narco-drug-trafficking is going to affect your beloved Argentina whatsoever? HOW is aiding a country bad?

You further stated you would rather live in poverty than in a first world country. That is quite telling. Perhaps you should now move to one of the hundreds of Villas that surround Buenos Aires and live with them and THEN say how much you love it.

I sincerely question people who blindly support a Dictatorial, lying, corrupt government in the guise of "helping the poor" and "redistributing" income whilst all the time stealing as much as they can illegally. It's called hypocrisy and a desperate attempt to rile the masses for their own political gain. Do you REALLY think C.F.K. gives a s*#$t about the poor in Argentina? PLEASE. And the next time you are passing out loaves of bread to the masses and marching arm and arm with Senor D'Elia, let me know in advance so I can watch.

You seem to have a real problem with Argentina RmartinBuenosAires and as always you turn the conversation back to how corrupt Argentina is and how dishonest the people of Argentina are etc etc etc. Can you not make a point about a country without insulting all the inhabitants that happen to be born here? I have cringed with some of your written comments about Argentine people . I believe that very few would find your comment below balanced.
Here you must presume everyone is a thief until proven otherwise. Just the complete opposite of what I do in the U.S. It's very exhausting living as an honest person in a dishonest society.

In regards to the USA I have absolutely no problems with the people that make up that country and have never posted one comment that has attacked or pidgeonholed the whole population of the USA like you have the inhabitants of Argentina.

In regards to corruption and Argentina I believe it is a valid point to state the hypocrisy of your comments as on the world scale Argentina has no influence and all its damage is self inflicted. The USA government in comparison has its hands in many conflicts for economic reasons. How many countries has Argentina invaded in the last 200 years ? How many countries does Argentina give money to foster opposition to an democratically elected government?

I do believe interfering in anothers countries affairs for whatever reasons is a huge concern for all around as it gives a signal to all that there are no rules but the rules of absolute power and financial influence. Can you imagine if Russia set up military bases in Mexico for the reasons of helping stop drug gangs there. Would you accept that RMartin Buenos Aires?

In regards to the drug problem in Colombia this is a smokescreen as there is no will on the part of the American authorities to stop this problem. To prove my point they have done absolutely nothing to stop the drug problem in Afghanistan which has converted Iran into the heroin capital of the world . Tehran has become a hellhole of heroin addiction and prostitution due to the flood of drugs entering its borders from Afghanistan . Stopping opium production could be achieved in just two weeks by the USA and international forces based there but they do not do it as it benefits the powers to be to keep the status quo.
I suggest that you click on these links and see some of the affects of foreign policies on others. I believe it will suprise many here to know that in Tehran there are close to 2 million heroin addicts meaning that one in 7 people are addicted there .
http://www.markhoustonrecovery.com/blog/addiction/iran-drug-addiction-and-heroin-use
http://www.iranfocus.com/en/special-wire/iran-tops-world-drug-addiction-rate-list-report-03805.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/27/world/middleeast/27addiction.html?pagewanted=print

In regards to your comments on poverty and villas . I do not support or condone social situations of squalor and depravation and hope to see a more dignified system for the poorer sections of society .Yes I am also disappointed that slums have grown and drug use is becoming endemic here . Is the government to blame for all of this I believe this is a simplistic answer and if you look at the history of Argentina you can see underlying factors that have created these social problems that are very apparent today.

My comments which were taken out of context imply the dignity of the poor who live with little but have enough to live cleanly and modestly with adequate food and good medical care
My ancestors lived like that for hundreds of years true to their culture and to their beliefs. I myself would always choose a more simple life where I felt I belonged than in a society where materialism is rampant and a government that is contrary to my morals

You certainly are SO right about everything. How dare I express my opinion on a public forum and criticize anything Argentine and offend you? Have I ever said anything negative about Australia? Don't think so and actually have never met an Australian that I did not like...You can wear a beret and drink mate all day. You are still a foreigner, always will be and just like me, your opinion is no more valuable than mine, if not completely inconsequential.

I am completely wrong and Your Highness has again taken the high road.

Are you going to tell my parents the big bull American hit you and if me banned from the playground?

Rather than attempt to attack me, why not defend the arguments I made in my initial post? Can come up with anything, I suppose.

BTW...on your self-promoting real estate note.....just explain to me WHERE this 'world-class' shopping in Buenos Aires would be located? I am dumbfounded. I would be delirious with a simple WALMART, let alone the world class shopping.

Martin can you do me the courtesy of answering my questions and explain to me in laymans terms why Argentina is much more corrupt than the USA ?

Thanks in advance.

rmartinbuenosaires said:
Some of you may know...she just returned from Caracas where she was "very distressed" by the idea that Colombia would have a possible agreement with the U.S. and have American troops there working with the Colombians to fight drug trafficking. Never mind that Colombia is a sovereign country and it is their business what they do. She and Senor Chavez are calling the peasants to arms.

But you seem to be "very distressed" about her being "very distressed" - isn't Argentina "a sovereign country and it is their business what they do"?

rmartinbuenosaires said:
Now her latest plan to develop Cooperatives AND insist that all information collected by AFIP by made public for all to see.

What is it you want to be kept hidden?

Do you or don't you support the highest possible degree of publicity in state affairs of all sorts?

Cooperatives have been very successful in transforming poor people into a middle class in several countries, e.g. in Scandinavia. No middle man = more to the producers.

Do you or don't you want Argentina to have a large middle class?

rmartinbuenosaires said:
1. Just where is this money to support the jobs and infrastructure coming from? The wealthy? Foreigners perhaps?

Isn't Argentina "a sovereign country and it is their business what they do"?

rmartinbuenosaires said:
3. New 30% tax on all electronic/computer/cameras, etc. Already Argentina had the most hostile environment for imports and the most expensive in South America. Anything purchased considered to be "luxury" will be subject to punishment. Since when is a computer "luxury"?

nikad said:
... with over 40 % of the population living in misery, ...

nikad's post was thanked by rmartinbuenosaires

When you recognize that over 40 % of the Argentine population is living in misery, don't you think a video camera or a computer is a luxury?

rmartinbuenosaires said:
1. Just where is this money to support the jobs and infrastructure coming from?
The 30% tax on all electronic/computer/cameras, etc.?

rmartinbuenosaires said:

I'll say YES, I do belive they care.....I also belive that Alfredo De Angelis and the people who integrate the so called "Mesa de Enlace" Buzzi, Llambías, Garetto & Biolcati, do not give a #$@$^&& sh...t about the poor people of this country, they never did, they interest are to have their pockets full, send the money offshore to financial paradises and cover Argentina with Soya and nothing else, that's all they care, MONEY!!.

Back