Senora Kirchner-Fernandez' lastest

I don't have a plan. Its not my country and not my problem to resolve. I simply raised the issues of concern. What are YOUR plans? I don't see anything from you other than defending a corrupt government. As Herr Goebbels said "The masses are more taken in my a big lie than a small one". Keep the faith, Pericles.

Martin

Governments everywhere are corrupt and Argentina is not a special case as you keep wanting to tell us day after day. I myself see things differently and am entitled to my opinions . There are many instances that I have criticized the government and society here but I always see both sides and do not allow myself to believe mainstream newspapers. For you or others to pidgeonhole me shows your real intentions to silence free thought that differs from yours.

By the way Martin your answer was very telling as it seems that you do no care about Argentina but why start this thread then about the poor and the social suffering?

The truth is many are crying for a viable opposition here in Argentina but all we have is the pathetic figure of Elisa Carrio who spends all her energies in attacking the government . I find this very negative . Where are her policy plans ?.
What is her vision ?. What does she want to create in Argentina.

I like to hear concrete answers from all members how the government can improve the society and social conditions of the poor.

Martin I leave you with this quote
The duty of criticism is neither to depreciate nor dignify by partial representations, but to hold out the light of reason, whatever it may discover; and to promulgate the determinations of truth, whatever she shall dictate

pericles said:
Nikad the money has not gone anywhere as Argentina has 47 Billion dollars of reserves . Not a low amount for a country of our population.

I was referring to the funds of the province of Santa Cruz not the Nation, that money was deposited in a foreign bank, generated interests, yet has not been returned to the province ( or anywhere that I know of ) It is still out of the country.

pericles said:
what do you expect the Government to do to change the Argentine society? I like concrete answers how they can improve the situation here for the poor.

If I could change things: I would increase the budget destined to education and health, will lower export taxes, will go for housing plans outside BsAs, will lower vat taxes for basic food items, will lower subsidies for services very gradually, will audit private companies to make sure they re invest a % of their profits like they should.

Will change education laws just so children have to go to school a minimum of 7 hours and 3 meals will be provided there for all kids, high school would be mandatory all over the country and teaching plans should be the same all over the country to meet basic requirements, will decentralize the administration and would give the provinces more power.

Will have the ministers of each area traveling all over the country at least twice a year to work together with provincial authorities, will try to get as much investment from foreign countries as possible, give mortgage loans at reasonable rates ( and cheaper if relocating to other provinces ), will work hard to industrialize the country, will make sure everybody pay taxes, complies to the law and will enforce the law.

Illegal residents involved in illegal activities will be automatically deported back to their country of origin. I would also reduce labor costs for employers to generate more jobs.

Villas will be urbanized and their inhabitants will be able to buy those houses if they want to or they will be able to relocate by getting a mortgage loan at reasonable rates.

Every UBA student will have to return the equivalent of his tuition fees in working hours after getting his degree, or will have the choice to pay for his tuition if he does not want to do any volunteering work.

These are just some random thoughts. This will require a major cleanup at most public offices, police, military, judicial system. Will work to expedite justice, trials, etc ( slow justice is not justice ), will give retired people the 82% of the salary of an active worker.

Geez, so many things could be done, but obsolete left/right ideas, bureaucracy, corruption and extreme greed make it very difficult.

I would have to say I agree with many of the negative comments regarding the government here. There is a lot that could be done if there was a real interest by them to make life there better now and in the future.

However, for the fans of the current regime you can have the comfort that I doubt anything is going to change anytime soon. My view is that things will remain the same with a continued slow deterioration in living standards and increasing poverty that have been going on for the last 60 years or so. A different government will probably only result in the same old game with different faces. I think this will continue until there is a total collapse which will force people to re-examine and demand change to address the short-comings of the political system.

Of all the aspects of life in Argentina I find this the most depressing. The country seems stuck in the past, repeating and repeating the same mistakes without ever learning anything from them. Instead of change all you get here is the ridiculous and endless demonstrations which are so frequent that nobody pays any attention or even knows what they are about anymore.

rmartinbuenosaires said:
I don't have a plan. Its not my country and not my problem to resolve. I simply raised the issues of concern. What are YOUR plans? I don't see anything from you other than defending a corrupt government. As Herr Goebbels said "The masses are more taken in my a big lie than a small one". Keep the faith, Pericles.

Goebels would also delete postings he does not like

rmartinbuenosaires said:
Pericles:

We are not talking about other countries. We are taking about Argentina. That is what the forum is about. Stop taking the Argentine "manera" and blaming other countries as an excuse. Surely you have poured over my various responses to try and manipulate any information in your favor. I have, over time, given several accounts of corruption here. Can you not read? Look at the beginning points of this thread.

Recently, the Belgian High Court seized the bank account of money destined to manage the expenses of the Argentine Embassy. Why? The court accepted grievances presented by holders of deflated Argentine bonds. Remember? Argentina regularly manipulates official data in their favor so they don't have to pay out money to the bond holders. I suppose you believe I made that up too. Anyway...it is only about 100,000 Euros but it is still a blow on a country's credibility. The Argentine government will exact revenge. A similar situation happened in Spain. I suppose Belgium and Spain, modern democracies, are lying.

The pressure is mounting and the current political machine here does not know quite how to play this one. This is why they are so cozy with Chavez (he does not deserve a "Mr." in front of his name). What do you think they talk about? "Te gusta dulce de leche?!" They are scheming plans to form coalitions and control over other Latin American nations to create their beautiful "People's Revolution of the Downtrodden". These individuals are full of resentment and hate going back to the 70's. They are disenchanted and hate the fact they never "belonged". At the end of the day, they will steal what they effectively believed that which was "denied" them. They are not stupid. They are pure evil. They (The Kirchner Company) had every tool and opportunity to get the country on the right path but they systematically destroyed every avenue without thinking about the future. Guesss they were going to use 12 pagos to pay off their credit every month. They NEED the desperate and ignorant to achieve their goals and they have bought it. The military is completely disarmed so no oppostion from that side. Who is going to stop them? The Recoleta crowd with four "very important" last names banging on their pots and pans from their balconies on Alvear? It is the perfect storm.

Lastly...again, according to you, My dear Pericles....IF the U.S. is SO evil, EXPLAIN TO ME why every nation who has a castrophe or natural disaster look first to the U.S. for help and receive it? Even Iran in the aftermath of a devastating earthquake was offered unconditional assistance. Where did Argentina turn when the mismanaged economy collapsed in 2001? You got it...the U.S. and IMF. Naturally the common consensus here is that the U.S. was to blame for their economic failures. Always blame the more powerful for your troubles and try to manipulate, claw and cheat your way to not paying money back.

Argentina , even in good times, NEVER donated one centavo to assist anyone without self-interest.

I believe you are channeling sacred Evita too much, who coincidently "was in bed with the Nazis" and obtained stolen money from them.

I am done on this topic. You may wish to comment further but I am tired of using reasoning. You will "attempt" to downplay my comments naturally. Good Luck.

The court case in Belgium and similars ones in Germany and the USA is about the bonds the Argentine goverment refuges to pay, also known as hold-outs

Argentina is responsible for the biggest default in the history of mankind

Lucas said:
What a joke....La Nacion the worst paper in Argentina by far this paper as Clarin, Perfil, Infobae and some other in variable degrees are the infamous collaborators of the extreme right wing and military juntas in this country any articles from those called "newspapers" are total abalone you may be lucky if can get a maximum of 10% of veracity from them...the rest is rubbish, they are only good to light up the fire for an asado, period. Typical of people who pursue these views. They read only that kind of newspapers for their information, they are the Bibles and the one and only truth for them. I won't be surprised if they are followers of Benny Hinn.

Pagina 12?

I wonder if the new government implent the following

1: True federalism
2: A agriculture plan based on growth and long term sustainablity
3: A goverment that buys back inflation linked bonds, settle with the hold-outs and club de Paris to return to the capital markets
4: Rebuild INDEC
5: Investor friendly and import friendly

This should 5 steps that are fairly easy to archive and would do the country a lot of good, 5 steps which CFK missed due to ignorance

Back