Senora Kirchner-Fernandez' lastest

nikad said:
I honestly sometimes wonder if it is a cultural issue: most Latin American have similar traits, just like most African countries, Middle Eastern, European, etc.
I hope you are not of the Lysenko school of genetics (heritability of acquired characteristics) :D:D

IMO it is a case of social inheritance - learn (unconsciously) from the parent generation how to behave in this society.

Can be unlearned, but it is a long and difficult process.

The best results are obtained, if you can demonstrate the benefits of a changed behaviour - do this and earn more, do that and save some of your own resources (aka. plata, dinero, money, dough, gysser, Geld, ...).

You know.....some of you have really made great suggestions, even Pericles. Seriously. The only problem is HOW to make changes? There are some terribly intelligent people in Argentina and it really is a tragedy that this country has come to this. Everyone may think I am made and make hateful comments. Fine. I just find so much wasted intelligence and simply do not have a solution for their problems. It is pathetic that people go hungry in this country of all places and do not have basic education all because of hungry corruption and self-serving politicians. THAT IS MY ISSUE.

BlahBlah said:
Kick out half of the teachers, increase salary by 100% and invest the remaining cash in books, computers and buildings

There is no need to increase the budget
In principle a good idea, but under the prevailing political conditions, it unfortunately implies to keep members of the government's political party and dismiss the good teachers.

Thank you Martin for your comments and all others especially Nikad and John ST who have brought up some excellent ideas.

The biggest problem that Argentina has is that is has been treated like a pariah by the outside world due to the foreign debt incurred by the darling of the IMF Carlos Menem .
Should the Argentinian society be faced to incur a debt illegally incurred by corrupt politicians from the 1990s?

The truth is that the the current government has paid back a huge portion of this debt and has tried to make an agreement to repay at 30 cents in the dollar to its other debtors.

When 40 percent of Argentines live in poverty is it fair that they repay this debt incurred illegally by previous governments who did not act in their best interests.

I suggest that all watch this documentary about IMF debts and how they can destroy an society . Please watch as it is very relevant to Latin America and explains the reasons why there are such great inequalities of wealth here exploited by corrupt local politicians and a willing international community that seeks profits first.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5399796928596929639&hl=en

John.St said:
4. No long time planning because of the metronome election (click-clack-click-clack), as a protest, of representatives from the opposite party - any opposite party (which simply continue where the previous government left) so no government can sail a straight course for any extended period of time; election and mid-term every two years - thus ensuring that chaos will prevail.
Quoting myself above - normally a bad practice - let me add:

In provincia Mendoza our governor since October 2007 is Celso Jaques, IMO the best governor of the province since the hills were young, a guy with a brain who actually gets things done - but he belongs to PJ and thus had a severe setback in the the mid-term election.

Electores estupidos let dissatisfaction with national policy influence local policy.
Why didn't they just burn some car tires and block a couple of roads instead?

We have begun a grassroots campaign to educate about litter and recycling. Seems that is begins with the youth. Giving people tools (empowering them) to succeed would be a great first step.

pericles said:
Should the Argentinian society be faced to incur a debt illegally incurred by corrupt politicians from the 1990s?
Tough luck, old chap!

Who else should bear the burden of the problems created by corrupt and greedy politicians legally and democratically elected by the Argentine electors?

If I act stupidly and acquire a debt, will you pay it?

Addition:
In the late 1970s Danmark had a social democratic government, which borrowed what today corresponds to AR$ 80,000 per head - man, woman and child - and used it to finance consumption. They weren't corrupt in the ordinary sense, no money for themselves, but used to indirectly buy votes.

Now, Danmark have no minerals, no coal, no natural resources, except for - since around 1980 - enough oil and natural gas to cover the country's own demand for energy.

Guess who paid the debt?
Exactly! The people (and their children) who voted for the idiots.

BlahBlah said:
Pagina 12?

Tell me what you read and I shall tell you who you are and what are you preaching.
If you are quoting La Nacion there's no more to be said.

John.St said:
Quoting myself above - normally a bad practice - let me add:

In provincia Mendoza our governor since October 2007 is Celso Jaques, IMO the best governor of the province since the hills were young, a guy with a brain who actually gets things done - but he belongs to PJ and thus had a severe setback in the the mid-term election.

Electores estupidos let dissatisfaction with national policy influence local policy.
Why didn't they just burn some car tires and block a couple of roads instead?

You should inform a bit better because he is not a Peronist

Lucas said:
Tell me what you read and I shall tell you who you are and what are you preaching.
If you are quoting La Nacion there's no more to be said.

Thank god there is generalisation, it makes life a lot easier

Back