September Flights

Colombia is open.

A negative PCR test result issued within 96 hours prior to your departure will be required by the Colombian authorities. If you cannot get a test or certification, contact your airline directly (From GOV.UK).

Costa Rica is partly open, with a long list of restrictions:

Do not travel to Colombia or Costa Rica, crime and covid.

Lufthansa should be back next week with one flight per week (on Mondays I think...)

Ja! Come to Argentina, a crime and Covid free paradise, instead.

I think its worth understanding that Colombia and Costa Rica not only have covid warnings but also crime warnings whereas Argentina has a covid warning but, fortunately, so far, no crime warnings.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...aveladvisories/argentina-travel-advisory.html

I was surprised to see that Uruguay also has covid and crime advisories.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...traveladvisories/uruguay-travel-advisory.html

Does anyone know when flights ( regular) with Chile & Uruguay will resume.

What will be the protocol between the 2 countries w.r.t the virus.

Does anyone know when flights ( regular) with Chile & Uruguay will resume.

What will be the protocol between the 2 countries w.r.t the virus.

Is there any particular reason you need "regular" flights? The Regular vs Special flights is an invention of the ARG ministry of transportation...it has to do with pre-approvals but has no effect on the sale or travel eligibility. You can now fly to Chile -- I think they have 2-3 flights a week with Aerolieans. And there are boats to UY.
Both Chile and UY only let in residents/citizens for now. No one knows when they will restart letting in tourists. MY GUESS, is that Chile will open up first, probably in November. UY will not open before December. That's just my guess.

Is there any particular reason you need "regular" flights? You can now fly to Chile -- I think they have 2-3 flights a week with Aerolieans. And there are boats to UY.
Both Chile and UY only let in residents/citizens for now. No one knows when they will restart letting in tourists. MY GUESS, is that Chile will open up first, probably in November. UY will not open before December. That's just my guess.

Yes, as I require tofly on short notice for business trips, so require daily/regular flights.

I am not a citizen or a resident of Chile Or Uruguay.

Yes, as I require tofly on short notice for business trips, so require daily/regular flights.

I am not a citizen or a resident of Chile Or Uruguay.

I see. Don't expect daily flights to Chile before November. I expect/hope LATAM will be back on the EZE-SCL route in November. Again, I think that Chile will restart letting in non-residents in November...fingers crossed. UY won't be before December IMO.

Back