September Flights

A lot of countries are doing it now. Georgia, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Malaysia etc.
Essentially it is an extended tourist visa that allows you to work remotely for a non-local company for a limited period of time without needing to worry about local tax or overstaying your visa.
Most countries require some evidence of employment and funds to self-support during the stay but I understand that this proposal would not..
Yes, I get that, but the question is -- would this fit into the current immigration law of Argentina? I don't see how it would. How do you see this working without Migraciones changing the visa/residency categories in place?

Yes, I get that, but the question is -- would this fit into the current immigration law of Argentina? I don't see how it would. How do you see this working without Migraciones changing the visa/residency categories in place?
Yes, exactly. As it says it is creating a new type of visa somewhere between a tourist and temporary work visa. Hence while CABA may want it, it still needs to go through Federal channels to come into existence. I can imagine by the time this actually happens it will have had incurred so many caveats and conditions that it is simply not worth the effort! (Imagine AFIP will want a slice of the action too... maybe they will ask for a 35% advance tax withholding payment to be refunded only after completing a tramite in Argentine, however one is only able to do the tramite once one is abroad again jajaja)

Yes, exactly. As it says it is creating a new type of visa somewhere between a tourist and temporary work visa. Hence while CABA may want it, it still needs to go through Federal channels to come into existence. I can imagine by the time this actually happens it will have had incurred so many caveats and conditions that it is simply not worth the effort! (Imagine AFIP will want a slice of the action too... maybe they will ask for a 35% advance tax withholding payment to be refunded only after completing a tramite in Argentine, however one is only able to do the tramite once one is abroad again jajaja)
sad face.

I'm more interested in this sentence in the article (Google translation): Next week, Buenos Aires will receive an international stamp that will validate that the city is ready to receive trips again , that it has safe protocols so that visitors can travel without greater risk of contagion.

Perhaps some hope that someone in government is thinking of inviting in tourists and their euros and dollars.

Are any of these pure 90-day tourist flights? Thanks.

Thanks for the link :)

I can see the flights into October too.

P.S> Interesting it looks like Ethiopian will fly 2x a week to ADD via GRU starting October?
Yes ET has announced their plans for a while.
TK also should be back with a few flights and UA as well.

Important note to users of the link: DISREGARD any flight that mentions “TCA” as the terminal and be aware of cargo only flights.

NONE are tourist flights while the borders remain closed. Supposedly will be full of Argentine exiles, cargo and rich locals on shopping trips ;-))

Probably not a good sign that “scheduled” flights will be back in OCT after all. But Argentina’s blueberries shall get to market nonetheless!

Probably not a good sign that “scheduled” flights will be back in OCT after all. But Argentina’s blueberries shall get to market nonetheless!
Let them eat cake

Back