September Flights

15K INFECTIONS! (Are we off topic???)
Infections? We are getting close to 1,000,000 infections. 15,000 is deaths, sadly.
Remember the months where the majority of infections were imports... well they don't even make up a fraction of a percent anymore. Which makes it more ridiculous that foreigners cannot enter. Although I understand the argument about keeping hospital beds available, in CABA ICU occupation in the public system is under 50% so cannot see it as being an issue.
Unfortunately this number almost certainly means it will be a long time before Argentines and travellers originating from Argentina are welcome in most places in the world given the risk we bring with us.

15K infections ... as in a daily number!
You're right.. deaths are already over 20k and climbing rapidly. Ugh, domestic travel feels even further away.
Just read Argentina has officially overtaken Peru as 7th most cases of any country in the world... and Peru had about a 4-5 months head start.

lol Argentina started slow and is catching up - well no one can say the hospitals etc did not have enough time to prepare themselves.

We need perspective!

Travel just about anywhere requires a 14 day time out.

My December flight has already been canceled. (BUMMER!) So has just about everyone else's. And when faced with a 14 day time out, who really wants to do that? And that may as well be a 28 day time out if you factor in a return to wherever you came from.

Given all of this, my personal plan is to stay put! As in I will live my life in the general area that I am currently in, doing as much as i Can to resemble normal. I will bide my time and wait for better days to return. When they do, I will go back to my former ways and move around and enjoy.

In the meantime, I will use the time to rest, relax and improve myself. There really isn't a lot more one can do. Because if there is, someone please share it with me, because I can't think of much.

Looks like those who live in some parts of Rio Negro can now travel to Bariloche as guinea-pigs to test new tourism protocols with an eye to opening more widely for the summer season. But you better get in quick since only 500 are allowed at a time..and you need to arrive in your own car after having made your “turno”.

In general I am suprised to see this being pushed by local government since Rio Negro is having 700+ cases every three days (relative to its population that is a lot) and also had/ has some areas where the public health system has recently collapsed.
Further to this it is a super K province who just a few months ago firmly embraced the idea that “lives matter more than the economy” to justify a strict and long lockdown ... well, now they realize their people are starving and their approach was wrong all along since in the end it hasn’t helped them at all.

The people in Bariloche and San Martin are rioting to allow tourism into the province. They're going broke over there.

Also, folks need to be allowed in so they can go check on their properties. It's a squatters dream right now.

One silly question..? can One purchase international airline tickets paying cash at their offices...?

Back