September Flights

Delta just canceled my flight on December 7th from BOS to EZE.

(I was expecting this. I just couldn't see this playing out any other way given all that we know is happening.)

The only positive here is that they were totally agreeable to reverse the issued eCredit and refund my credit card.
As a follow up, in an effort to help keep everyone here informed:

I talked with Delta this AM to get clarity on the current flight situation ...

My flight was to depart BOS, connect in ATL, then head to EZE on a Delta branded flight / jet. Apparently, Delta now has multi connection flights for my dates. They are multi connections that end up in neighboring countries of Argentina with Aerolíneas Argentinas as the delivering carrier. It looks like Delta is banned or is staying away from Bs As with their equipment.

The Delta rep invite me to check back for any update or change to service beginning with November. But as of now, it appears Delta is not going to have a physical presence in Argentina. If someone knows more or can add something, please post it. We all would like to stay informed.

Thanks.

My flight was to depart BOS, connect in ATL, then head to EZE on a Delta branded flight / jet. Apparently, Delta now has multi connection flights for my dates. They are multi connections that end up in neighboring countries of Argentina with Aerolíneas Argentinas as the delivering carrier. It looks like Delta is banned or is staying away from Bs As with their equipment.

The Delta rep invite me to check back for any update or change to service beginning with November. But as of now, it appears Delta is not going to have a physical presence in Argentina. If someone knows more or can add something, please post it. We all would like to stay informed.

Thanks.

Sometime last week I noticed outbound flights from EZE on Delta were either no longer searchable or priced ridiculously high (which seems to happen right before a flight is canceled outright).

And it looks like their flights out of Santiago will resume in Nov instead of Oct. This is a pain because all my points are with Delta (and I won't do AA). To be back in the US before Thanksgiving will probably mean getting a flight there first. Even before the pandemic, SCL (which by volume handles about as many passengers as both BA airport combined) was the de facto regional hub. It also has a newly expanded international terminal.

Sometime last week I noticed outbound flights from EZE on Delta were either no longer searchable or priced ridiculously high (which seems to happen right before a flight is canceled outright).

And it looks like their flights out of Santiago will resume in Nov instead of Oct. This is a pain because all my points are with Delta (and I won't do AA). To be back in the US before Thanksgiving will probably mean getting a flight there first. Even before the pandemic, SCL (which by volume handles about as many passengers as both BA airport combined) was the de facto regional hub. It also has a newly expanded international terminal.
Thanks Renzi.

Thanks.
From what I hear, it is the decision of Delta. They, like others, don't want to take a gamble on a potentially big loss maker by coming back before the market has proven itself in its new context. Hence it is cheaper to funnel pax through code shares to connect from more stable / larger markets in the region.

From what I hear, it is the decision of Delta. They, like others, don't want to take a gamble on a potentially big loss maker by coming back before the market has proven itself in its new context. Hence it is cheaper to funnel pax through code shares to connect from more stable / larger markets in the region.
Thanks Anti

this was probably the plan all along. close the airports until all the other airlines left the country, leaving La Proud Patria Flagship with the market

this was probably the plan all along. close the airports until all the other airlines left the country, leaving La Proud Patria Flagship with the market
STS,

No I don't believe that. I only makes sense that the local airline would have the market, or what's left of it, while larger, stronger players stepped back to take a time out and evaluate. There is no way, Aerolíneas could begin to serve all the demand that is out there when Covid 19 isn't around. There is plenty of business out there for everyone.

STS,

No I don't believe that. I only makes sense that the local airline would have the market, or what's left of it, while larger, stronger players stepped back to take a time out and evaluate. There is no way, Aerolíneas could begin to serve all the demand that is out there when Covid 19 isn't around. There is plenty of business out there for everyone.

Only the Experts in Air Traffic Market share, can comment on this point..!

Back